Research Fellow - Marasco Lab
Research Fellow - Marasco Lab
Job ID: 25412
Location:450 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA 02215
Employment Type: Full time
Our group at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is looking for exceptional Post-doctoral Fellow to conduct research in an area of Tick-borne infectious diseases, specifically Lyme Disease. This is an inter-institutional collaborative project involving MIT, Whitehead Institute, Tufts and Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
The project builds on field studies in which researchers partially vaccinated populations of the white-footed mouse with the outer surface protein A (Osp A) from B. burgdorferi and found that these mice play a critical role in controlling high levels of the Lyme pathogen in the environment. We plan to engineer white-footed mice to carry multiple copies of anti-Osp A neutralizing antibodies against B. burgdorfei, in hopes of disrupting the transmission cycles for decades, substantially reducing the total number of infected ticks and the risk of human exposure.
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned innovative researchers, dedicated clinicians and professionals, and allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients; we conduct research that advances treatment; educate tomorrow's researchers/ physician; reach out to underserved members of our community; and work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
Our lab at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is seeking a motivated and talented scientist who will contribute to discovery and translational research. The major focus of this specific position will be for a very talented and committed scientist to perform antibody discovery and cellular engineering, develop and execute biological assays, interpret the results, analyze the data, and support further research activities. We are looking to expand our laboratory of creative, collaborative, yet independent thinkers, with high scientific rigor and enthusiasm who are most likely to succeed within our team. Mentorship of the candidate will focus on the development and publication of high-impact research projects and preparing the fellow for a career as an independent academic investigator or for a position in the biomedical industry.
- Conducting cell-based and molecular biology research aimed at isolating immune B cells from immunized mice for the eventual discovery of anti-Osp A monoclonal antibodies
- (mAbs). Our laboratory utilizes several technologies to isolate these mAb including single cell plasmablast and/or memory B cells cloning as well as use of phage and yeast display platforms.
- Production and characterization of these mAbs for epitope binning, kinetic binding measurements and neutralization activity
- Performing preclinical studies in mouse models Lyme disease.
- Maintaining accurate records, writing reports, and preparing/giving presentations.
- PhD, MD, or MD/PhD with interest in the biological sciences
- A strong background in immunology, molecular biology and cell biology
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to perform both self-directed and guided research
- Effectively work as part of an interdisciplinary team of scientists
The postdoctoral fellow will be affiliated with the Department of Cancer Immunology & Virology at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School.
For more information and to apply, please visit https://careers.dana-farber.org/research_fellow_marasco_lab
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, we work every day to create an innovative, caring, and inclusive environment where every patient, family, and staff member feels they belong. As relentless as we are in our mission to reduce the burden of cancer for all, we are equally committed to diversifying our faculty and staff. Cancer knows no boundaries and when it comes to hiring the most dedicated and diverse professionals, neither do we. If working in this kind of organization inspires you, we encourage you to apply.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.