Sr. Therapeutic Specialist - Midtown Manhattan, NY
Sr. Therapeutic Specialist - Midtown Manhattan, NY
United States - New York - Manhattan
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Sr Therapeutic Specialist, HIV Sales - Midtown Manhattan, NY
(Hudson Yards to Columbus Circle to the East Side)
Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide. Headquartered in Foster City, California, Gilead has operations in North America, Europe and Australia.
- Responsible for representing Gilead's products and services to a defined customer base, generating and growing sales and consistently achieving or exceeding sales targets within a specific geographic area.
- Responsible for developing an understanding of the issues and opportunities unique to each geography.
- Comprehensive understanding of Gilead and competitor products in their therapeutic area, and an in-depth knowledge of the complexities associated with the disease state.
- Actively promotes the appropriate use of Gilead products to healthcare professionals in accordance with Corporate, PhRMA and OIG guidelines.
- Demonstrates leadership among peers by consistent application and modeling of the appropriate compliance, behavior and conduct.
- Strict compliance with all regulatory agencies, state, and federal law is required.
- Develops and aggressively implements a territory business plan to meet customer needs and achieve goals.
- With guidance, initiates systems to monitor sales progress and action plans.
- Prepares territory budget plans for customer contacts, unrestricted educational grants, speaker events and other miscellaneous external expenditures.
- Works cooperatively with large matrixed team to include Medical Scientists, National Account Managers, Therapeutic Center Specialists, Marketing and other internal Gilead team members on various cross-functional projects related to specific accounts or physicians. May work in collaboration with outside partner companies to co-promote products or services.
- Assists in the identification and resolution of issues and opportunities and communicates proactively to marketing and sales management.
- Reports adverse events to Gilead's Drug Safety and Public Health department and other internal departments as appropriate per required guidelines.
- Performs all administrative functions required of the position, including reporting call activity and customer information into the appropriate call reporting system in a timely manner, submitting expenses, etc.
- Adheres to company policies, procedures and business ethics and demonstrates Gilead's company values of Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Integrity and Inclusion.
- Possess superior selling skills honed in highly competitive markets.
- Proven expertise in building relationships and influencing.
- Aptitude for rapid learning and retention of technical and scientific product related information.
- Must set high goals and standards of performance and be self-motivated and able to work with a general level of autonomy.
Specific Education and Experience Requirements
- Requires a BA or BS degree
- 7+ years of pharmaceutical/healthcare sales experience.
- Account management experience.
- Infectious Disease/HIV experience preferred but not required.
- Proven and consistent track record of meeting/exceeding sales objectives, preferably in specialty markets.
- Previous product launch experience in a highly competitive environment.
The Gilead Difference
Everyone at Gilead is motivated by our overarching mission to discover and deliver innovative therapies that improve patient care in areas of unmet medical needs. But it's just what we do that gives us an edge, it's how we do it. We expect everyone at Gilead to lead by example, guided by our core values:
- Integrity - Doing What's Right
- Inclusion - Encouraging Diversity
- Teamwork - Working Together
- Accountability - Taking Personal Responsibility
- Excellence - Being Your Best
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---New-York---Manhattan/Sr-Therapeutic-Specialist---Midtown-Manhattan--NY_R0022071-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency