Director, HIV Franchise, Global HIV Medical Affairs- Foster City, CA or Remote
Director, HIV Franchise, Global HIV Medical Affairs- Foster City, CA or Remote
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Headquartered in Foster City, California, Gilead has operations in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, COVID-19, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation.
We have an exciting opportunity within our Global Medical Affairs team for a Director for HIV Franchise.
Reporting to the Senior Director HIV, Global Medical Affairs - Stockley Park, this role will be a key contributor to the development and implementation of the global HIV Franchise strategy across the continuum of care from prevention, to treatment to future potential cure, partnering with Public Affairs, Government Affairs & Policy, Clinical Development, Commercial Planning, Value & Access, Analytics & Insights and Competitive Intelligence, and with external stakeholders, such as societies, researchers and the community.
The position is located at our headquarters in Foster City, CA., OR Remote
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the HIV Franchise Strategy
- Execute the HIV Franchise plan in collaboration with regional, local and cross-functional partners and in close alignment with the prevention, treatment and pipeline teams
- Collaborate with External Stakeholders (clinicians, researchers, societies and the wider community)
- Balance near-term and long-term franchise priorities
- Support the development and implementation of the global plan of action
- Support creation and implementation of the global multi-disciplinary engagement plan in collaboration with cross-functional partners and key Gilead markets
- Support implementation of the leadership component of HIV congress planning and execution in collaboration with cross-functional partners
- Develop and implement the HIV Franchise global multi-stakeholder advisory board plan
- Manage partnerships with agencies to ensure flawless execution and budget management
- Identify actionable insights based on medical advisory boards and ensure that Gilead HIV franchise addresses unmet need areas
- Manages projects to completion, anticipating obstacles and difficulties that may arise, resolving them in collaborative manner
- Attend major global scientific conferences and coordinate medical affairs activities at conferences
- Responsible for the development and execution of projects that will provide more extensive background, additional data/answers to questions in response to issues relative to commercial, scientific, or data needs
- Coordinates tactics and activities aligned with the Franchise objectives developed by the wider Global Medical Affairs team, Medical Affairs affiliates and other functions.
Specific Knowledge, Education, and Experience Requirements
- M.D., D.O. PhD (in life sciences), PharmD, NP or PA with proven experience in HIV or virology plus 8 years experience OR BA/BS plus 12 years experience.
- At least 5+ years of relevant experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Strong scientific, medical and business acumen
- Cross-functional experience working in or closely with Public Affairs, Government Affairs, Commercial Planning and Value & Access functions
- History of establishing trusted relationships with external stakeholders (societies, associations and the community) on the development and execution of Medical Affairs strategies
- Experience and/or good understanding of the HIV landscape globally
- Demonstrated ability to conceive, develop and implement multi-dimensional medical plans, including stakeholder engagement planning, tactical planning and budgeting
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to influence and work successfully with varied audiences
- Strong analytical skills, demonstrated by the ability to identify and interpret complex issues and provide appropriate recommendations to senior management and across functional areas
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and effectively prioritize workload
- Must be able to work with a level of autonomy and independence
- Ability to travel to domestic and international conferences and internal meetings (10-15% expected)
Display of Gilead Core Values:
Integrity (Doing What's Right)
Teamwork (Working Together)
Excellence (Being Your Best)
Accountability (Taking Personal Responsibility)
Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity)
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Director--HIV-Franchise--Global-HIV-Medical-Affairs--Foster-City--CA-or-Remote_R0022100-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency