Director, Marketing (HIV/AIDS)
Director, Marketing (HIV/AIDS)
Canada - Ontario - Mississauga
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
At Gilead, Creating Possible drives everything we do. It's evident in our mission and core values. This is how we built a culture of excellence that is fueled by a passion for improving the lives of people around the world and advancing the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases.
We are driven to develop lifesaving products that make a difference for patients around the world. Every day, we to transform the promise of science and technology into breakthrough, innovative therapies that have the power to cure, prevent or treat disease. As a research-based bio pharmaceutical company, we are revolutionizing healthcare by bringing medicines to patients in the areas of unmet need including HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, hematology, oncology, and inflammatory diseases. When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives.
The Director, Marketing (HIV/AIDS) will be responsible for leading the development and execution of the HIV/AIDS strategic business plan, support the tactical execution and overall promotion/positioning for the HIV franchise which includes both HIV Treatment and HIV Prevention (PrEP). You will lead the development of the HIV/AIDS lifecycle plan and support the launch of new products/indications in the category. You will provide strong leadership skills with an ability to set a vision, lead change, drive results, and manage direct reports and the cross-functional therapeutic team. This position reports into the Senior Director, Marketing/Sales, HIV/AIDS.
- Utilizes multiple sources of information (e.g. primary and secondary market research, advisory boards, competitive intelligence) to uncover insights relevant to the development of franchise strategy and tactical plans
- Contributes to the formation of franchise strategy for HIV/AIDS and the overall Brand Plan and Promotional Plan for Action (POA).
- Leads the development of tactical plans, messaging and communication strategy, and other customer initiatives aligned to the field sales POA
- Leads the execution of the field sales POA, including development of sales tools, coordination with sales training, execution of sales meetings, and driving for results
- Supports the planning and execution of customer and promotional strategy at key scientific conferences
- Provides management and leadership to direct report(s); establishes focus, define clear roles and responsibilities, set priorities, manage work plans, and coaches and develops employees
- Collaborates extensively across the organization to align strategies and execute tactical plans specifically with the cross-functional therapeutic team and senior leadership
- Optimizes agency utilization and other external resources to address needs
- Achieve franchise revenue and market share targets
- Closely manages and achieves budget targets
- Ensures compliance with all relevant laws, regulations and policies
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- 8+ years pharmaceutical/biotech industry experience required, including expertise in marketing and sales
- Marketing functional leadership/sales management/HIV/AIDS or virology therapeutic area experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to launch new products and proven track record of driving brand/franchise growth
- Customer-focused thinker with experience navigating stakeholder relationships including government/policy stakeholders
- Strategic thinker with ability to develop and implement multidimensional marketing and business plans. Demonstrated excellence in project management and proven track record of effectively managing multiple projects/priorities
- Demonstrated understanding of pharmaceutical regulatory, market access and reimbursement environments
- Experience with Medical-Legal-Regulatory guidelines and cross-functional promotional review committee
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills and ability to effectively and efficiently communicate to a variety of groups and audiences
- Strong presence with ability to command respect through exercise of sound business judgment and clear decision-making
- Experience leading cross-functional teams and managing direct reports
- Ability to effectively lead agencies and other external resources in the development of tactical plans and execution of promotional strategy
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing budgets, with an understanding of revenue forecasting and expense budget planning and tracking
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA or advanced scientific degree preferred
Gilead Core Values:
- Integrity (doing what\'s right)
- Teamwork (working together)
- Excellence (being your best)
- Accountability (taking personal responsibility)
- Inclusion (encouraging diversity)
Gilead Leadership Commitment:
- I AM BOLD in aspiration and AGILE in execution.
- \u200bI CARE and make time for people.
- \u200bI LISTEN, speak openly and explain the "why."
- \u200bI TRUST others and myself to make sound decisions.
- \u200bI OWN the impact of my words and actions.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Canada---Ontario---Mississauga/Director--Marketing--HIV-AIDS-_R0021860-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency