Senior Manager, Business Analytics
Senior Manager, Business Analytics
Netherlands - Amsterdam
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Gilead Sciences Netherlands, with approximately 45 employees, has its office in Amsterdam and is responsible for the company's operations in the Netherlands. To support our established therapeutic areas and the commercial growth of especially the oncology organization, we are now seeking a Senior Manager Business Analytics to join the Commercial Operations Team of the affiliate.
- Data acquisition and data management from external data providers and market research agencies, e.g. IQVIA, FARMINFORM, SFK, etc and 3rd party registries
- Responsible for selection of procurement from and management of various business analytics vendors
- Provides reliable and accurate analyses, reports, actionable insights, conclusions to internal stakeholders (management and business teams) to support decision making on key strategies
- Presents recommendations and findings by pro-actively reviewing opportunities and risks to various stakeholders within the Commercial organization
- Initiates, leads and coordinates market insight projects (e.g. market research, creating dashboards) including alignment within cross-functional teams (Commercial, Marketing, Finance, Medical, PA etc and external vendors)
- Contributes significantly to the Budget/Latest Estimate process by owning/ running patient models and creating regular strategic forecasts in collaboration with XF teams (Marketing, Medical, MA, Finance etc) for TA markets (with focus at oncology), supports the creation of a consistent and compelling story
- Supports the definition, development and regular delivery of Business KPIs, dashboards and regular reports based on multiple data sources (incl. Sales Force, Veeva CRM/ multichannel analytics etc) via analytical/management technics/tools
- Build business partnership and collaborates closely with internal stakeholders (affiliate management team, XF Business teams, Global Analytics & Insights, HQ etc)
- Applies strategic thinking and communicates highly complex analytical processes in a clear and concise manner
- Process and dashboard Field Force Effectiveness data, report and provide recommendations to the Business unit directors
- Reporting of KPIs to headquarter via internal reporting systems
- Roll out and further improvement of Business Intelligence Tools (e.g. Tableau, Tibco Spotfire)
- Degree in business administration, economics, finance, natural sciences or related fields
- Relevant experience in a pharmaceutical environment
- Experience in sales/marketing data analysis, statistical analysis, and financial forecasting and patient models
- In-depth knowledge of relevant business software with advanced user skills in MS Excel
- Ability to assume full responsibility for accuracy, reliability, and timeliness of deliverables completed through own efforts
- Business acumen: ability to consider the big picture and long-term business goals
- Must be able to effectively communicate complex analytical information to non-technical members of the brand team or the senior management
- Demonstrate curiosity for innovation and seek for alternative solutions
- Collaborative mindset
- Solid understanding of the Dutch pharmaceutical market and business principles
- Knowledge and experience in Oncology is desired
- In-depth knowledge of global Sales and Marketing organizations and pharmaceutical data sources (e.g., IQVIA, etc.) is desired
- Knowledge of Tableau, Tibco Spotfire, Veeva CRM
- Keen to develop strategic thinking on Business Analytics evolution
- Specific education and experience requirements
Gilead Core Values
INTEGRITY - Doing What's Right
INCLUSION - Encouraging Diversity
TEAMWORK - Working Together
EXCELLENCE - Being Your Best
ACCOUNTABILITY - Taking Personal Responsibility
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Netherlands---Amsterdam/Senior-Manager--Business-Analytics_R0021720
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency