Director, IT Commercial Lead Architect
Director, IT Commercial Lead Architect
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to pursuing scientific invention to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
You will be part of a team that is helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. We are a close community where every individual matters and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Inclusion is one of our core values, which means we are creating and fostering a work environment where our differences are valued, and everyone feels respected and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative therapeutics for people with life-threatening diseases.
The Gilead Business Services center in Raleigh's Research Triangle region will be home to some of the company's critical shared service teams in North America, including Information Technology, Global Financial Solutions, HR Operations and Procurement Services Desk. These functions provide the necessary support to ensure Gilead's business runs effectively and efficiently. The center will also be a catalyst for standardization of processes, digital transformation and technology optimization. Please check out more at https://nccareers.gilead.com/
The Director, IT Commercial Lead Architect will report directly to the Head of Commercial IT and be responsible for overseeing functions including:
- Core Competency - Demonstrated accountability and ownership, thrive in ambiguity, manage without domain expertise, excellent people skills across onshore/off-shore locations
- Architecture Planning - Is accountable for all things technology and architecture within the Commercial IT domain. This includes optimizes existing technologies for the future digital age and establishing new saleable innovative industry leading technology roadmaps looking ahead 3-5 years across commercial IT and business functions
- Architecture Strategy - Is accountable for alignment of commercial architecture with the business organization, and within Gilead IT enterprise architecture across other IT domains
- Capability Planning - Is accountable for value-based capability planning, assessment and roadmaps across commercial IT in partnership with commercial business function
- Risk Management - Is accountable for identifying architectural risks, propose alternatives and ensure mitigation actions within commercial IT domain
- Architectural Financial Management - Is accountable for benchmark financial management for all architecture topics with strict focus on application landscape standardization/optimization, vendor and supplier streamlining
- Data Privacy - Must deliver accordance with any local data privacy regulation, ensure alignment with all IT Privacy and Security policies, and in accordance with all other regulatory standards and guidelines
- Technology Outreach - Is responsible for scouting for innovative technology solutions and talent with a strong focus on future state competitive advantage for Commercial IT
- Business Partnership: Serve as technology counterpart to commercial business organization and support their technology operations
- Management: Oversee architects across commercial IT and improve customer and patient experience, improve speed to market, reduce costs across commercial IT landscape
- Domain Expertise - Has domain expertise within commercial IT and business landscape in areas of omni-channel customer experience, digital content lifecycle management, commercial and field force excellence including drive next best action with customers, global pricing models
- Technology Transformation Expertise - Expert level experience in organization transformation to Agile-Scrum/Dev-Ops/Product team structures, capabilities and solutions
- Architecture Standards Expertise -TOGAF
- Negotiations and Vendor Management - Demonstrated customer focus, vendor management and negotiation skills
Essential Duties and Job Functions
General responsibilities for this position will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Collaborate with business partners to identify future business needs and prioritize resources/effort on evolving capabilities from research to release
- Implement Commercial Capability foundation for better customer insights
- Serve as primary point of technology engagement with Business Partners on requirements definitions. Participate on business strategy and capabilities as intake for PMO & Technology Roadmap
- Develop Business Cases for Ideation and Project Prioritization. Ensure Business Value/Outcomes are realized and prioritize business needs
- Ensure necessary business processes are documented and business ownership is available for projects and ongoing compliance activities
- Establish Business Domain Architecture and partner with business to establish Analytics Strategy and collaborate with Development of Business Solutions
- Leverage key strategic commercial platforms as the foundation for delivering global business outcomes
- Optimize organizational focus on core capabilities and leverage partners to provide high value services
- Embed and measure technology user experience and value realization in every stage of investment decisions
Associates Degree and Fourteen Years Experience OR Bachelor's Degree and Twelve Years' Experience OR Masters' Degree and Ten Years' Experience OR PhD and Eight Years' Experience
- 15+ years work experience in IT business
- 5+ years work experience in Pharmaceutical Industry
- 5+ years of leadership responsibilities, executing appropriate areas of responsibility
- Working experience in relevant enterprise and commercial customer platforms like Veeva/Salesforce
- Experience in business/industry (beyond IT), managing cross-functional teams or projects, and influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders
- Expertise in budget planning, financial management, and workforce management
- Broad knowledge of current and emerging technologies, technology directions and strategic application to business needs including the ability to differentiate between a relevant trend and hype
- Ability to improve operational efficiency, service delivery, and information management across the IT organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technology solutions in business terms, establish rapport and persuade others
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---North-Carolina---Raleigh/Commercial-IT-Lead-Architect_R0022045
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency