Sr Business Unit Director, HIV
Sr Business Unit Director, HIV
Australia - Melbourne
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. Our heritage of science and innovation and the curiosity and passion of everyone who works here has enabled us to provide medicines that help transform standards of care for more than 30 years.
The Sr BUD, HIV role has accountability for the strategy, planning and implementation of all commercial activities across the HIV portfolio. The Sr BUD, HIV manages a team of Marketing and Sales professionals and leads the cross-functional team to deliver the commercial objectives.
The Sr BUD, HIV reports to the General Manager ANZ and is a member of the ANZ leadership team.
- Maximize the commercial potential of the portfolio through the development and implementation of strategic/operational plans
- Lead the cross-functional team providing vision, motivation, alignment and support and coaching infrastructure to drive the business and achieve portfolio objectives
- Partner with Government Affairs, Market Access, Regulatory Affairs and Medical Affairs to ensure the success of the portfolio
- Responsible and accountable to deliver against the agreed commercial and strategic objectives
- Establish strong, effective and optimal working relationships with external stakeholders
- Foster an environment of strong collaboration across the organization, balancing the needs of the HIV BU in ANZ with those of the broader enterprise objectives
- Ensure that all business activities are in line with company policies, procedures and global and local guidelines
- Develop a strong customer-focused and exceptional service-oriented business unit that is passionate about finding ways to constantly exceed customer expectations
- Maintain Gilead's strong reputation and leadership position in HIV
Knowledge, Experience & Skills
The successful candidate will be a recognized leader with excellent communication skills. The role requires being comfortable at working in a high-growth environment where influencing and negotiating across an organization are a prerequisite. You will need to demonstrate the ability to manage complexity, ambiguity and paradoxes through thinking outside of the box with a collaborative, constructive and solution-oriented approach.
- Demonstrable commercial leadership experience in the biopharmaceutical industry such as a highly successful Business Unit Lead and a strong sales & marketing leader within the specialty therapeutics area
- Must be a pragmatic individual who enjoys getting involved in the business at all levels and across all disciplines. Broad-based cross-functional experience is important.
- Must have a track record of successful budget management with an understanding of revenue forecasting and expense budget planning and tracking
- Must demonstrate excellence in project management and effectively managing multiple projects/priorities
- Undergraduate degree is required, MBA and/or post graduate preferred or advanced life science degree (MD, Pharm D, PhD)
- Strong understanding of the complexity of transplant arena is highly advantageous
- Must be good at building new relationships rapidly with KOLs and other stakeholders such as industry associations. A strong already established network is preferable.
- Knowledgeable in technical development of commercially successful biopharmaceutical, cell therapy or gene therapy products is preferred
- Must have the ability to build and drive a business, whilst possessing innate market-making' capabilities with natural self-starter, hands-on, entrepreneurial and innovative attitude.
- Preferably, previous experience in negotiating with key pricing and reimbursement agencies, and involvement in successful access and reimbursement strategies and their execution
- Strong leadership qualities such as having the ability to attract, motive and retain talent and drive a culture of collaboration, engagement and motivation.
- International experience, either working in a Global or Regional role or in the context of above country project teams is desirable
Gilead Core Values
- Integrity (always doing the right thing)
- Teamwork (collaborating in good faith)
- Excellence (working at a high level of commitment and capability)
- Accountability (taking personal responsibility)
- Inclusion (encouraging diversity)
Being Here Matters
At Gilead we are committed, hardworking and passionate about improving the lives of the patients who use our products. Our values - integrity, inclusion, teamwork, accountability and excellence - are evident in everything we do. We are a close-knit team where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development.
We want all our employees to embrace and leverage each other's talents and diverse perspectives, foster a sense of belonging, achieve their full career potential and contribute to the team's success. This is demonstrated through our Silver Status in the Australian Workplace Equity Index.
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, colour, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Australia---Melbourne/Sr-Business-Unit-Director--HIV_R0021912-2
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency