Global Therapeutic Area Legal Counsel- ACE Region
Global Therapeutic Area Legal Counsel- ACE Region
United Kingdom - Uxbridge
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus worldwide include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer, cell therapy and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Gilead Sciences Europe Ltd. is seeking an Associate Director/Director level counsel to join its Global Therapeutic Area Legal (GTAL) team, to provide legal and practical advice to the assigned therapeutic area. This role will be part of a global team, but will primarily support matters, and coordinate with cross-functional partners, primarily in Europe, Canada, and Australia.
This role is based in Stockley Park, UK. As of August 2021, this role is currently remote while the Company's offices remain closed due to the pandemic. When the Company's Stockley Park, UK offices reopen, the candidate will be expected to report to the office a certain number of days per week in accordance with the Company's policies and business need. The role reports to the GTAL Head of HIV who is based at the Company's Foster City, California, USA, office.
The is a brand/product counsel role that primarily provides legal and compliance advice to the assigned therapeutic area with a primary focus on:
- Commercialisation, promotion, marketing and advertising of the Company's approved products;
- Counseling on anti-bribery, anti-kickback and related laws and regulations;
- Appropriate interactions with and communications to healthcare providers, industry associations, patients, government agencies and other stakeholders, etc.;
- Supporting internal Global teams in Marketing, Medical Affairs, Public Affairs, Government Affairs, Clinical Research, Intellectual Property, Learning & Development, etc.;
- Collaborating with and supporting as needed other internal legal functions such as International Country Legal, Compliance, Corporate, Contracts, Litigation & Investigations, Competition, etc.;
- Providing legal support to a wide range of Company activities such as advising on promotional review, evaluating proposed corporate business plans, strategies, tactics, grant proposals, research activities, funding requests, competitor complaints, supporting regulatory actions, investigations, working groups, and drafting and updating Company compliance policies, contracts, etc.;
- Recognising and escalating matters of unusual risk, specialty or complexity as appropriate;
- Promoting and practicing Gilead's Core Values of inclusion, excellence, accountability, and teamwork
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Should have prior experience working in/advising a healthcare or pharmaceutical company(ies);
- Several years' experience and knowledge of the regulatory framework governing medicines and the pharmaceutical industry in Europe (e.g. knowledge of the IPHA/ABPI, EFPIA Code provisions). It is a plus if the candidate also has similar experience supporting Canada and/or Australia;
- Must be able to lead and contribute effectively on cross-functional domestic and global complex projects;
- Must be able to appropriately triage a heavy workflow, setting appropriate expectations and priorities with clients and delivering results within the reasonable and agreed timelines, while keeping clients closely informed;
- Should have prior experience in preparing pragmatic guidance on the interpretation and implementation of the regulatory Codes of Practice underpinning how pharmaceutical companies should act
- Must be highly motivated and willing to take initiative and act proactively;
- Must have high professionalism, EQ and influencing skills to enable the candidate to credibly interact with all levels of the organisation;
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Must be responsive with high client service orientation;
- Must have strong time management skills, be detail oriented and well organised;
- Must be a team player who can manage shifting priorities, multi-tasking in a deadline-oriented environment;
- Must advance a positive spit of solution-oriented partnership and collaboration with internal clients, colleagues and outside counsel;
- Must demonstrate the ability to think creatively and devise solutions to challenging problems
- The candidate must have the necessary legal licenses or other credentials that authorize providing legal advice to the Company as outlined above
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-Kingdom---Uxbridge/Global-Therapeutic-Area-Legal-Counsel--ACE-Region_R0021916-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency