QA Specialist II 8,000 Sign On
QA Specialist II 8,000 Sign On
United States - California - Oceanside
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
- Maintains routine programs and processes to ensure high quality products and compliance with current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs), and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Reviews manufacturing, environmental monitoring and quality control data for in-process and finished products.
- Reviewing manufacturing production documentation Master Batch Records (MBR's) and supporting manufacturing documentation for completeness and accuracy.
- Participates in developing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to ensure quality objectives are met.
- Works directly with operating entities to ensure that inspections, statistical process control analyses and audits are conducted on a continuing basis as specified to enforce requirements and meet specifications.
- May conduct or serve as a lead/coordinator of investigations and corrective and preventive action (CAPA) recommendations related to manufactured products.
- Works with Research and Development during new product start-ups, and identifies checkpoints for new products and processes.
- May participate in the writing of annual product reviews and the development of training programs regarding all aspects of producing quality products.
- Normally receives very little instruction on routine work, general instructions on new assignments
Knowledge & Skills
- Demonstrates working knowledge of Facilities/Maintenance, Automation, Equipment, and Process Validation.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and/or Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs).
- Demonstrates working knowledge of quality assurance systems, methods and procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of FDA / EMEA standards and quality systems regulations.
- Demonstrates audit and investigation skills, and report writing skills.
- Demonstrates good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrates moderate knowledge of six sigma, LEAN, and root cause analysis tools used for identifying and correcting deviations.
Typical Education & Experience
- 4+ years of relevant experience in a GMP environment related field and a BS OR 2+ years of relevant experience and a MS.
- Prior experience in Biologics or Pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
* This Position qualifies for a $8,000 Sign-on Bonus, $4,000 payable within 30 days of start date and $4,000 payable following 6 months of continuous employment. Payments are subject to a 1-year repayment agreement from date of payment issue.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org opens new window" target="_blank" href="https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2471693&targetURL=mailto:email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Oceanside/QA-Specialist-II_R0022013
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency