VP, US Managed Markets
VP, US Managed Markets
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The Vice President, U.S. Managed Markets, reporting to the SVP U.S. Commercial, will ensure market access at a strategic level for Gilead U.S., ensuring existing pipeline and development products are incorporated early and effectively into the strategic payer decision making process.
The role is responsible for ongoing strategic innovation, cross functional collaboration, and the development and execution of pricing and market access strategies - aligning with Gilead's global brand and corporate vision. This role will oversee the creation and delivery of Managed Market and Market Access strategies that differentiate and demonstrate a patient-centered approach, while leading and managing reimbursement in the areas of Government, Private & Managed Care Programs, Retail and Specialty Pharmacy, PBMs, Key Accounts, and Correctional facilities. Additionally, the role will have oversight of the Managed Markets Oncology team as well as the Managed Markets Strategy and Operations (MSO) team, responsible for Trade Relations & Operations, Government Pricing & Contracting, Audit & Compliance, Managed Markets Analytics, and Patient Support.
This role is essential in developing an innovative approach to growing the payer coverage for HIV, Viral Hepatitis, Oncology and Respiratory illness and will be responsible for short and long-term value proposition including health economics and outcomes planning and modeling in these areas. Responsible for payer and channel marketing activities, and directly accountable for generating antiviral sales in corrections and military markets as well key community and institutional relationships in Oncology. The position will work in collaboration with PBMs, SPPs, HMOs, MCOs, Community Oncologists/GPOs, Medicare, Medicaid, FSS, 340B, and other payer segments and maintains executive-level relationships within each of these segments.
The Vice President, U.S. Managed Markets will work closely with key cross-functional internal and external stakeholders to support policy and legislative initiatives and provide subject matter expertise impacting public payer coverage and reimbursement for current and future products, including pricing definition, health technology assessments, implementing and monitoring processes for current and future products and relevant marketplace benchmarks.
The role will maintain key vendor & regulatory relationships and partner with the Commercial teams on the establishment of reimbursement policies and procedures that are compliant and aligned with the company's overall commercial strategies.
This role requires a strong people leader who can navigate between being highly visible and influential at a strategic/corporate level, while effectively managing organization design and change management as Gilead and the Managed Markets team grows and evolves, as wells as guiding business process improvements.
The right candidate will excel as a networker and dealmaker, a skilled influencer, dynamic communicator, and an engaging presenter to both internal and external stakeholders. The person will play a key role in guiding the strategic direction of the organization, be responsible for driving growth in new business areas and devising creative solutions to overcome obstacles to facilitate patient access. This role leads an experienced team of Market Access market-facing, strategic and operational leaders, including three vice presidents and three Executive Directors.
The position will serve on the Operating Group, U.S. Pricing Committee, U.S. Commercial Senior Leadership Team, and U.S. Business Compliance Committee.
- Lead the development of value propositions, market access strategies, pricing and sales modelling, and other materials and tactics needed to demonstrate the value Gilead delivers across all Managed Markets.
- Develop an evidence-based plan, informed by comprehensive market research, price modelling and commercial forecasting to identify key business opportunities across the US and its territories.
- Key player in stakeholder and payer engagement, leading business interactions and presentations to help shape opportunities.
- Provide expert view on the Pricing and Reimbursement system and evolving public policy environment and competitive access landscapes to inform corporate strategy and long-range planning.
- Collaborate with Finance, Legal and other functions to establish consistent business rules and policies focused on appropriate and compliant reporting and ensure all Market Access activities comply with regulatory agencies, public policies/guidelines, and with corporate policies and procedures.
- Collaborate across Commercial, Legal and Finance functions to produce reimbursement collateral, media, sales training tools for the payer markets
- Drive process, and policy improvements to streamline efficiencies and assess and implement technologies to inform strategic and organizational design decisions.
- Set and develop innovative and value-based pricing strategies; articulate overarching pricing strategies and approaches, taking into account the realities of local markets and landscape; and anticipate potential pricing changes.
- Develop capabilities and processes to channel insights from different markets consistently, in a timely manner, such that they may be appropriately integrated into development strategies.
- Develop effective communication and information flow, translate real world data to key internal constituencies, and ensure that market access considerations are a core element of product strategy.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry dynamics, economic and reimbursement trends and information on competitors/products. Assess the potential impact of emerging market changes, particularly in the context of potential legislative change and a dynamic political climate and develop and communicate recommendations to the leadership team to proactively address evolving market dynamics.
- 15+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical / Biotechnology industry, with experience in the areas of global pricing, market access, pricing, reimbursement, patient access and HEOR as well as operational budget management.
- Up to 30% travel may be required
- Bachelor's degree and advanced degree strongly preferred
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/VP--US-Managed-Markets_R0021944-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency