Legal Assistant, IP Alliance & Due Diligence
Legal Assistant, IP Alliance & Due Diligence
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
This is an entry-level position within the Intellectual Property Alliance and Due Diligence team at Gilead Sciences, reporting to the Manager, IP Alliance and Due Diligence. The IP Alliance and Due Diligence team is a small but growing group that coordinates and manages the IP aspects of Gilead Corporate Development diligence projects, research collaborations and contract review, as well as ongoing partnered, in-licensed, and out-licensed products and programs. This team is made up of high caliber, reputable and extremely hard-working IP professionals, all of whom play an integral and cross-functional role in the company's ability to continue providing therapies to medical areas of unmet needs worldwide.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Providing assistance and administrative support for IP aspects of Corporate Development diligence investigations
- Assisting with developing and maintaining internal IP Alliance and Due Diligence systems
- Managing and maintaining IP Contracts mailbox
- Updating and maintaining complete electronic files for IP Alliance and Due Diligence matters
- Preparing and ensuring compliance with Gilead IP Department Standard Operating Procedures and best practices, including document retention guidelines
- Coordinating with the Manager, IP Alliance and Due Diligence regarding workload
- Coordinating with Outside Counsel and Legal Billing team on engagement letters, billing matters, and invoice handling
- Collaborating with Corporate Development and other legal departments and personnel
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Requires minimum of an Associate's Degree and paralegal training.
- Business Administration and contract training are also highly desirable.
- A minimum of three years of relevant experience in US patent prosecution (both US and foreign prosecution experience is preferred).
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- High proficiency in computer skills, including Word, Outlook, Excel, SharePoint, and PowerPoint, etc.
- Experience with the iManage document management experience is preferred.
- Experience with docketing systems (e.g., Memotech) is preferred.
- Must be able to prioritize and multi-task, work effectively with little or no direction, and build collaborative relationships with management, partners and peers. Must be able to work in a highly energetic, flexible, and fast paced environment.
- Organizational skills, exceptional time management and attention to detail are critical.
- This is an in-office position with work-from-home hours as approved by Manager
- Business travel is not required
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Legal-Assistant--IP-Alliance---Due-Diligence_R0021795
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency