Sr. Manager, Medical Affairs (Cell Therapy)
Sr. Manager, Medical Affairs (Cell Therapy)
Canada - Ontario - Mississauga
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Kite, a Gilead Company, is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T-cell therapies designed to empower the immune system\'s ability to recognize and kill tumours.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Manager, Medical Affairs to join the cross-functional team for Cell Therapy in Kite, Gilead Sciences, Canada. The Senior Medical Manager will focus on developing and executing the medical strategy in Canada and will be a well organized and results-oriented healthcare professional. This role requires very close collaboration with national and international colleagues from within Medical Affairs and the extended cross-functional team. The role is office-based and will report to the Country Medical Lead, Cell Therapy.
- Contribute to the development and coordination of the Medical Affairs Plan of Action to support launches of Cell Therapy Products.
- Develops and Executes Medical Affairs activities and scientific projects based on the medical strategy and Plan of Action, in close collaboration with other global medical team members.
- Provide strategic and operational support to Medical Field team, including the coalition and dissemination of field insights to relevant stakeholders.
- Develops and conducts medical education and communication activities in accordance with identified learning needs, including digital, face-to-face, and print.
- Develop effective working relationships as the medical expert with cross functional teams.
- Provide strategic support for local Medical Affairs publication planning.
- Provide medical leadership to plan and execute Medical Affairs Advisory Programs and provide support as needed to cross-functional HCP advisory boards.
- Presents scientific and clinical data in a variety of different settings to support Kite products for the treatment of hematologic malignancies.
- Lead the medical and scientific review of local promotional materials for Cell Therapy.
- Works collaboratively and cross-functionally with Gilead personnel in European affiliates, Global Medical Affairs, Clinical Research, Marketing, Market Access, Sales, Regulatory Affairs, Drug Safety, Public and Government Affairs.
- Advanced health sciences degree (M.D., Pharm. D., PhD are preferred) with a minimum of 5 years of experience in healthcare or pharmaceutical industry, preferably in Medical Affairs
- Two to four years of experience in Oncology (specifically Hematologic Malignancy) is preferred
- Ability to embrace Gilead's leadership commitments and patient-centric values, including highest ethical and compliance standards
- Strategic mindset with a focus on collaboration and excellence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required, along with the ability to understand, analyze and communicate medical concepts in a clear and concise way.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to successfully navigate fast and dynamic situations where there is ambiguity, uncertainty, and change
- Excellent organizational skills including attention to detail and prioritization
- Ability to work in a cross-functional matrix
- Resilient and strong commercial acumen with the ability to deliver in a very competitive environment.
- Operational excellence.
- Analytical with systematic approach to prioritization.
- Strong team player and cross functional approach.
- Curious, with learning agility.
Gilead Core Values:
- Integrity (doing what\'s right)
- Teamwork (working together)
- Excellence (being your best)
- Accountability (taking personal responsibility)
- Inclusion (encouraging diversity)
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system\'s ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma.
For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Canada---Ontario---Mississauga/Sr-Manager--Medical-Affairs--Cell-Therapy-_R0021838-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency