Associate Director, Development Systems
Associate Director, Development Systems
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
This position will assume the role of a Project Manager and/or Business Analyst on one or several Development systems. The Associate Director will manage cross-functional project teams in a matrix environment, so superior communications, influencing and people management skills are a must. The ideal candidate for this position will combine strong project management experience with a passion for leading cross-functional teams, influencing a diverse group of stakeholders, and driving complex project outcomes with excellence in a dynamic and at times uncertain environment. The ideal candidate with have extensive domain experience within the life-sciences industry and a thorough knowledge of R&D business processes and enabling technologies. The ideal candidate will also have solid experience with translating business and technology strategy into a cohesive portfolio of strategically aligned projects, as well as developing project prioritization methodologies and techniques. Assigned projects may include global stakeholders, so the ability to work across different time zones is required.
The specific RESPONSIBILITIES for this position will include the following:
- Plan and manage one or several critical cross-functional projects in alignment with strategy, specific business needs and objectives.
- Ensure on-time, on-budget, and on-scope delivery of assigned programs and projects through rigorous scope, timeline and cost management.
- Define, measure and effectively communicate business and financial benefits of technology programs and projects.
- Develop and manage key project information such as status, timelines, scope statements, budgets, resources, risks and issues, decisions, and actions items.
- Act as the primary communication point on projects for project team, business and IT stakeholders, users, management and vendors.
- If necessary, lead business analysis activities to translate business needs into specific user and business requirements and to complete required business process analysis and documentation.
- Lead or contribute to project change management and communications activities to ensure updates to procedural and enabling documentation, as well as effective project communications.
- Collaborate in the establishment of project and portfolio management, business analysis and change management & communications processes and templates to facilitate consistent execution of DevOps approved projects.
- Follow procedures and SOPs as appropriate for project and portfolio management, business analysis, change management and communications, and other operational tasks.
- Be able to analyze and solve problems, champion new processes and learn new technologies.
- Lead and collaborate with cross functional teams, including business partners, Gilead IT and vendors.
- Manage project vendors, including vendor activities and deliverables as necessary.
The specific KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS will include the following:
- Knowledge, prior experience and demonstrated success with project and portfolio management processes, methodologies and templates, including portfolio prioritization and governance processes.
- Prior experience and demonstrated success with managing complex system selection, implementation and validation projects through the entire lifecycle.
- Prior experience with managing business analysis and change management and communications activities on technology projects.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Project, Visio, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Proficiency with business process modeling, requirements analysis and tracking tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate effectively and proactively at all levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills, including strong ability to influence cross-functional stakeholders in different part of organization.
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects.
- Ability to effectively lead and collaborate with project team members, including remote participants.
- Advanced knowledge of GxP compliance.
- Formal training in project, program and portfolio management preferred and PMP certification preferred.
- Bachelor's degree with 10+ years of experience in project/program/portfolio management, business analysis and system implementations.
- Master's degree with 7+ years of experience in project/program/portfolio management, business analysis and system implementation.
- PhD degree with 4+years of experience in project/program/portfolio management, business analysis and system implementation.
- Experience and education in Life Sciences preferred.
- Management consulting experience preferred.
- Experience with Project & Portfolio Management (PPM) tools (OPX2 from Planisware) strongly preferred.
- Ability to work different time zone hours (UK from if US based or US if UK based) and ability to travel 15% of the time is required.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Associate-Director--Development-Systems_R0021947-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency