About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
The incumbent Clinical Research Billing (CRB) Analyst coordinates and executes the financial billing of clinical trials. He/she is responsible for compilation of statistical, fiscal and metric data as it relates to clinical trial activities. The CRB Analyst also assists with clinical trial billing special projects, ensures timely invoicing, monetary disbursing and tracking, and monitoring of cash flows on sponsored trials.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Compile data and prepare of statistical and fiscal reports as they relate to clinical trial activity on a monthly/yearly basis.
- Assist Business Directors in Research Operations with monthly clinical trial accounts for financial reporting purposes to the Clinical Trials Office, to ensure accurate financial statements to investigators, business managers and other internal departments.
- Assist with clinical trial financial accounting projects, including, but not limited to rapid improvement events. Assist with ongoing review of internal processes to streamline or create new more efficient processes; assist in executing process changes and assist with overseeing to completion.
- Assist with policies and procedures development, both design and implementation, as they relate to compliance with laws, Medicare Coverage Analysis, National Coverage Determinations, statutes and regulations dealing with clinical trial billing issues.
- Core Responsibilities - Accounts Receivable/Payable:
- Regularly review contracts/budgets, create/maintain study calendars and manually gather data from study teams, and/or utilize Clinical Trials Management System (CTMS) data to post expenses to clinical trial accounts.
- Ensure timely clinical trial account invoicing to sponsors which matches protocol driven procedures with patient accruals/visits to ensure appropriate invoicing and reimbursement.
- Provide accurate and timely financial status reports to the study teams, PIs and business managers.
- Ensure timely deposit, correct allocation, reconciliation and distribution of revenue.
- Provide related data, as needed, to Principal Investigators, Business Managers/Directors, and other internal COH departments and leadership.
- Work with Accounts Payable to process and ensure timely payments are made to various internal groups, external vendors, patients, and sub-sites based on contractual obligations.
- Monitor cost center activities on an ongoing basis and reconcile cost center balances upon clinical trial closure by working with departmental business managers and Grant Accounting to ensure timely account closure.
- Manage cash flow, including timely disbursement of sponsored clinical trial account funds, according to the approved budget.
- Resolve account balance discrepancies between sponsors and COH departments.
- Interact with all levels of management and personnel to provide useful information and guidance specific to the clinical trial finance activities.
- Maintain professional growth and development. Keep abreast of latest trends in the area of reimbursement and other compliance related assignments.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- 3+ years related experience or 2+ years related experience with position-related post graduate degree
Preferred education experience and skills:
- General understanding of medical terminology, specifically in the Hematology/Oncology space
- Clinical trial budget development
- CTMS usage (OnCore, Velos)
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Posting Date: Mar 12, 2021
- Job Field: Clinical Research
- Employee Status: Regular
- Shift: Day Job