Research Group Leader – polymer/biopolymer chemistry
Lodz University of Technology (TUL) is an institution with long history, supporting scientists and researchers, offering great facilities at the campus in the city center. ICRI-BioM is an International Research Agenda, established within Lodz University of Technology under the Foundation for Polish Science MAB PLUS Program in collaboration with the Max Planck Institute for Polymer Research in Mainz. It aims at the development of an excellent scientific unit that focuses on combining polymer chemistry with molecular biosystems engineering experimentally and with the aid of computational sciences. Ultimately, it will be composed of two groups, led by senior Principal Investigators (one of them being the Director, Professor Alexander Steinbüchel) of the highest scientific standings, and three junior PI groups. It is expected that the collaboration and synergy between these groups, local scientific environment, and international cooperation will lead to breakthrough research in basic and applied sciences.
- The candidate will organize and lead a research group in the area of polymer and biopolymer chemistry, composed of post-docs, and PhD students. He/she should show accomplishments comparable to the Starting ERC level.
- A scientist who is capable of conducting large-scale, long-term, group research.
- In principle, the selected scientist is required to commence his/her research by November 2021. (The commencement date may be adjusted)
Polymer/ biopolymer chemistry with molecular biosystems synthesis experimentally, with the aid of computational sciences.
Requirements and Selection Criteria for the Position:
Candidates should have at least a Ph.D. degree and 3 years of experience in polymer chemistry, molecular biosystems engineering, international recognition for research accomplishments (ideally comparable to the Starting ERC level), and present effective leadership skills, managerial and collaborative skills.
- A researcher who is capable of conducting large-scale, long-term, group research in chemical sciences.
- A researcher skilled in applying for granted founding, and experienced in playing a major role in the project
- A researcher who can devote himself/herself to research and Centre operation.
- A researcher who has skills in mentoring the younger team members
Interested candidates are requested to e-mail the following documentation (in the pdf format):
- brief CV (up to 1 standard page)
- up to 10 key research and/or implementation achievements (a single achievement is e.g. full text of a publication or a patent, etc.),
- list of key projects for which the applicant was granted funding or played a major role in,
- list of key conference speeches or lectures delivered by the applicant,
- description of the applicant’s experience in research-industry cooperation and successful implementations (up to 1 page),
- description of the applicant’s skills in guiding students’ research (up toa half-page),
- description of the applicant’s research management experience (up to a half-page).
Short-listed candidates will be invited to the online interview.
Foundation of Polish Science – the largest non-governmental organisation supporting science in Poland, under its project: International Research Agendas (IRAP), funded with European Regional Development Fund, seeks candidates for a position of Senior Principal Investigator in the area of polymer or biopolymer chemistry at Lodz University of Technology – International Centre for Research on Innovative Biobased Materials – led in Lodz by prof. Alexander Steinbüchel and prof. Piotr Paneth.
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 857533 and from the International Research Agendas Programme of the Foundation for Polish Science co-financed by the European Union under the European Regional Development Fund.
Application Submission –
Interested candidates are requested to send the documents to:
prof. dr. Alexander Steinbüchel - firstname.lastname@example.org by August 15th , 2021 (or until the position is filled)
By submitting your application you agree with the following statement in the application:
“I hereby consent to have my personal data processed by the Lodz University of Technology with its registered office at ul. Zeromskiego 116, 90-924 Lodz for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee, and concluding a contract for employment at the Lodz University of Technology. I have been informed of my rights and duties
Apply for Research Group Leader – polymer/biopolymer chemistry
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly