Senior Research Associate I/II Oncology
Senior Research Associate I/II Oncology
United States - Washington - Seattle
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
At Gilead, we strive to transform the promise of science and technology into therapies that have the power to cure, prevent or treat disease. As a research-based biopharmaceutical company, we are revolutionizing healthcare by bringing medicines to patients in the areas of HIV, AIDS, liver diseases, hematology and oncology, and inflammation and respiratory diseases.
We are growing a diverse team of professionals and an atmosphere of inclusion across departments. We need your unique talents, expertise and background to help millions of people around the world live healthier. Join a close community where every voice is heard - where you can see and measure the results of your contributions. Our values - integrity, inclusion, teamwork, accountability and excellence - are evident in everything we do.
The Oncology department at Gilead Sciences (Seattle, WA) is seeking an experienced and highly motivated biologist to join in the discovery and development of novel therapeutic agents in the area of Oncology and Immune Oncology. The successful candidate will contribute to drug discovery efforts to identify targets that enhance tumor immunogenicity and reverse immune evasion. The candidate's core responsibilities will include design and development of assays to support Gilead Oncology Research portfolio. The successful candidate will work with project team members and provide expertise in identifying and implementing biochemical and cellular assays using state of the art technology. Ability to work collaboratively in a high-pace, multi-disciplinary, matrix environment is essential.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Conceive, develop, and execute in vitro assays biochemical and cellular assays
- Develop assays to explore tumor cell intrinsic immune features and tumor-immune cell interactions using several functional readouts
- Work cross-functionally in a highly collaborative team environment
- Communicate experimental data and conclusions clearly and effectively to the project team
- Maintain awareness of new technological developments and scientific knowledge and apply these where possible to improve performance
Knowledge, Experience, and Qualifications
- BS with 2+ years or MS with 0-2 years of relevant pharmaceutical industry experience in the areas of Oncology and/or Immuno-oncology or related field
- Title will commensurate with experience.
- Knowledge of tumor/T cell/immune cell co-culture and antigen presentation assays in murine and/or human systems is required
- Experience with immunoassay development and cell signaling evaluation is desirable. Familiarity with multi-parameter flow cytometry assays will be an asset.
- Technical skills in evaluating signaling pathways (e.g., Western blot, Protein Simple western, RT-PCR, ELISA/MSD) and hands-on experience in tissue culture, transient/stable cell transfection is desirable.
- Experience with development of biochemical and cell-based assays for small molecule profiling is desirable
- Excellent computer and data analysis skills and preparation of summary reports
- Candidate must be detail-oriented with excellent record keeping and organizational skills.
- Ability to work successfully in a cross-functional team environment and communicate clearly both verbally and in writing to a variety of audiences.
- Must be collaborative, have the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary environment
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---Washington---Seattle/Senior-Research-Associate-I-II--Oncology_R0021783-2
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency