Senior Principal Engineer
Senior Principal Engineer
Bio-Rad Laboratories is seeking a Senior Principal Engineer to lead R&D efforts in Life Cycle Management (LCM) strategy and execution, across all Clinical Diagnostics platforms. This role requires strategic thinking and leadership, coordination of tactical efforts, and providing leadership in a matrix organization. Coordination, collaboration and partnership with key stakeholders in Marketing, Global Supply Chain and other Matrix functions is key. Position will require an in depth knowledge of the Clinical Diagnostics instruments and systems, and initial responsibilities will require time spent at instrument manufacturing sites, involvement and leadership in transfer efforts, and long term support of LCM strategy across all platforms. This position will be a key liaison between R&D Sustaining & Product Support, R&D Engineering, and Manufacturing Support teams, as well as a strategic partner for Matrix functions. A broad Systems level view will be critical for the success of this role.
- Become an expert in existing Clinical Diagnostics instruments and platforms, and new platforms as they are developed and launched.
- Provide leadership and help to coordinate efforts between manufacturing sites and R&D Engineering teams, and provide guidance and collaborate with teams responsible for manufacturing support and lifecycle management.
- A strategic partner to Marketing, Supply Chain, Commercial and other matrix partners for Life Cycle Management.
- Work with matrix partners to establish a proactive obsolescence management strategy for instrument platforms.
- Lead technical lifecycle management strategy efforts with external OEM manufacturers.
- Contribute to technical communications and documentation related to Sustaining & Product Support as needed.
- Maintain R&D Sustaining responsibilities in SAP PLM.
- May be involved in planning and executing global training programs in coordination with global functions, and may also help to lead knowledge transfer where appropriate.
- Monitor, analyze, and provide regular reports on key indicators and other related performance data on a regular basis and as requested.
- Work with R&D Management and coordinate with Core Teams to help ensure sustaining engineering activities and responsibilities are delivered on scope, quality, time and budget.
- Provide innovative, workable ideas for Sustaining engineering, and provide technical leadership
- International and domestic travel required. For the first 1.5 years, significant travel to France and Singapore.
- Bachelors or Master's degree or PhD or equivalent with sufficient work history and experience.
- 15+ years' experience in an engineering discipline (depending on education level), preferably with Systems engineering experience, in a regulated industry.
- Experience in products Life Cycle Management will be an asset.
- Knowledge of FDA QMS requirements, ISO-13485, European Medical Devise Regulations required
- Previous leadership experience in a matrix organization strongly preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with international and cross functional teams.
- Demonstrated complex problem solving, decision-making, and troubleshooting skills are critical.
- Black belt in Lean Six Sigma an asset.
- Experience with SAP PLM desired.
- Working knowledge of statistics and data analysis skills required.
- Strong customer service, negotiation, conflict resolution, leadership, project management, organizational, time management, verbal and written communication skills.
Due to the higher threat of more infectious and deadly COVID-19 variant strains emerging, Bio-Rad recently announced a new mandatory vaccination policy requiring its US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Bio-Rad will make reasonable accommodations for valid exemptions based on disability, medical, or religious reasons. With this policy, Bio-Rad joins a growing list of companies that are prioritizing sound science and available facts to best ensure the ongoing safety of its employees and the community.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
To apply, please visit: https://careers.bio-rad.com/jobs/senior-principal-engineer-hercules-california-united-states
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency