The Department of Chemistry at the University of California, Davis, invites applicants for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position in the area of Analytical Chemistry.
Candidates must have a Ph.D. degree in Chemistry or a related field by Fall 2021. Successful candidates are expected to establish a nationally recognized well-funded research program and must demonstrate the potential to achieve exceptional scientific excellence. The candidate is expected to be strongly committed to excellence in teaching at both the graduate and undergraduate levels in analytical and general chemistry.
Candidates of all fields of analytical chemistry are welcome to apply. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, teaching statement, statement of contributions to diversity, concise research plan, and, at least, three letters of recommendation to: https://recruit.ucdavis.edu/JPF04305
This position will remain open until filled but, for full consideration, applications should be submitted by October 15, 2021. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The University of California is committed to creating and maintaining a community dedicated to the advancement, application, and transmission of knowledge and creative endeavors through academic excellence, where all individuals who participate in University programs and activities can work and learn together in a safe and secure environment, free of violence, harassment, discrimination, exploitation, or intimidation. With this commitment, UC Davis conducts a reference check on all first-choice candidates for Academic Senate Assistant Professor or Lecturer with Potential for Security of Employment, Steps 4, 5, or 6, or Acting Professor of Law positions. The reference check involves contacting the administration of the applicant’s previous institution(s) to ask whether there have been substantiated findings of misconduct that would violate the University’s Faculty Code of Conduct. To implement this process, UC Davis requires all applicants for any open search for assistant professors to complete, sign, and upload the form entitled “Authorization to Release Information” into RECRUIT as part of their application. If an applicant does not include the signed authorization with the application materials, the application will be considered incomplete, and as with any incomplete application, will not receive further consideration. Although all applicants for faculty recruitments must complete the entire application, only finalists considered for Academic Senate Assistant Professor or Lecturer with Potential for Security of Employment, Steps 4, 5, or 6, or Acting Professor of Law positions will be subject to reference checks.
Basic qualifications (required at time of application)
• Ph.D. in Chemistry or related field.
• Strong recommendations.
• Demonstrated potential to achieve a strong record in the areas of research, teaching, and service.
• Ability to teach both undergraduate and graduate-level chemistry courses with an awareness of methods that address the needs of our increasingly diverse state and student population and help advance UC Davis’ strategic goal of improving access and building an inclusive community.
• Demonstrated potential to achieve an externally-funded research program.
• Strong commitment to providing service to the department, university, and chemistry communities.
- Curriculum Vitae - Most recent CV including a list of publications.
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Teaching - A brief description of teaching experience and teaching philosophy not exceeding two pages. Statement of Contributions to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion - Contributions to diversity, equity, and inclusion documented in the application file will be used to evaluate applicants. Visit https://academicaffairs.ucdavis.edu/faculty-equity-and-inclusion for guidelines about writing a statement and why one is requested.
- Original Research Proposal - We request a written research proposal combining two or more ideas and projects in an integrated research plan for the first three to five years of an assistant professorship that describes a distinctive research program in analytical chemistry. The proposal should not exceed 8 pages excluding references.
- Authorization to Release Information Form - A reference check will be completed only if you are selected as the first-choice candidate. Download, complete, sign, and upload the form: https://aadocs.ucdavis.edu/your-resources/forms-and-checklists/forms/ARF.pdf
3 letters of reference required
Apply link: https://recruit.ucdavis.edu/JPF04305
Help contact: email@example.com