Senior Manager, Global Analytics and Insights, Liver
Senior Manager, Global Analytics and Insights, Liver
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company\'s mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide. Headquartered in Foster City, California, Gilead has operations in North America, Europe, and Australia. We are committed to transforming the promise of science and technology into therapies that can make a meaningful difference in patients' lives. We are passionate about advancing treatments for - and potentially curing - some of the world's most challenging and complex illnesses and bringing these scientific innovations to people in need. Focus on areas of high unmet needs, including HIV, HBV, HCV, Oncology, Inflammatory & Infectious diseases.
The Senior Manager role is part of the Global Analytics & Insights team (GA&I) and will be responsible for generating global insights across Gilead's HDV and HBV franchises. The candidate should have extensive experience of market research, forecasting, analytics and data management within the pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical industry. The candidate should also demonstrate track record of being a high-level contributor who has proven record of managing projects of complexity and demonstrating strong cross-functional collaboration.
Essential Duties & Functions
Business Analytics and Forecasting
- Maintains and develops long term forecast models on excel based forecasting tools and internal Gilead platforms.
- Collaborates with global colleagues to provide input and assumptions for the long-range plan
- Manage data and reporting needs for HDV and HBV, developing analysis and insights
- Provide support to affiliate stakeholders by providing ad hoc analysis, KPI reporting, data tacking
- Review and pressure test affiliate forecast assumptions and develop material for senior management presentations
- Gathers data and analyze the dynamics of the market, new competitors, and drivers and barriers in order to create/consolidate the forecast for Global, but with a focus on supporting the key affiliates
- Collaborates with stakeholders on building and improving process and infrastructure for reporting and analytic needs.
- Conduct primary research: develop qualitative and quantitative market research studies with physicians, patients, and payers
- Selects the appropriate Market Research agencies through a rigorous Request for Proposal' process and ensures delivery to time, quality, compliance and budget.
- Examine research findings to understand data, key market insights and implications for Gilead
- Manage secondary market data, including needs assessment and subscription. Provide regular report and updates on market evolution and competitor performance to commercial management team
- Interprets research and analysis results and provides actionable insights to key stakeholders
- Work with group leadership to improve the efficiency, consistency, rigor, and credibility of GA&I, in collaboration with key global partners (US, EU and Japan)
Knowledge, Experience and Competencies
- Excellent analytical, market research and interpretive skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to lead, resolve conflict and drive consensus among individuals from a variety of disciplines. Ability to represent the GA&I function on cross-functional teams, including accountability for GA&I contributions and provision of information and recommendations
- Strong communication skills with an ability to efficiently and productively communicate both orally and in writing are required. Demonstrated persuasive written and verbal communication skills and effective in a variety of presentation settings. Comfortable influencing senior management
- Strong command of a variety of analytical and market research techniques, Experience utilizing rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions. Utilizes creativity and ingenuity to develop solutions to complex problems, formulates strategies and approaches that may fall outside historical norms
- Sought out as an analytical expert and, more importantly, as a strategic adviser. Grasps key issues quickly, understands the "big picture" and links market insights to larger issues
- In-depth experience designing and conducting quantitative and qualitative primary and secondary market research. The ability to meaningfully portray and effectively communicate complex quantitative data in an easy-to-understand format is required. Must have in-depth knowledge and experience in a complex franchise-specific market. Proven experience with global Sales and Marketing organizations and experience with pharmaceutical data sources e.g., IQVIA/IMS, SHA and chart audits are required
- Good project management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines in an environment of competing and changing priorities. Must have strong task management skills to include planning, prioritization, objective setting, and meeting management and plan execution. In-depth ability to use Microsoft Office and other planning software required
- Can deal with ambiguity and act without having the total picture, is able to effectively pose questions in order to tease out information required for decision-making. Can handle risk and uncertainty
- Strong commitment to quality. Consistently and thoroughly reviews work for accuracy before sharing with a wider audience. Delivers final products that are well vetted and reliable
- Some travel required
Specific Education and Experience:
- 6+ years of relevant pharmaceutical industry experience,
- 4+ years of market research and/or strategic analysis and planning experience
- Experience in one or more Gilead therapy areas is preferred, but not required
- Significant experience conducting quantitative and qualitative primary and secondary market research is required. Expertise in a broad range of qualitative and quantitative market research techniques, including appropriate application of data collection and analytic approaches
- Experience developing and using Excel-based models and conducting quantitative analysis is required
- Previous experience in launching products, and exposure to pharmaceutical product development and brand marketing are preferred
- BA/BS degree in finance, life sciences or medicine is required, and an MBA or advanced degree is desirable
- Experience in life sciences, healthcare, pharmaceutical and biotech industry strongly preferred
Foster City, CA location. Relocation offered.
The Gilead Difference
Everyone at Gilead is motivated by our overarching mission to discover and deliver innovative therapies that improve patient care in areas of unmet medical needs. But it's just what we do that gives us an edge, it's how we do it. We expect everyone at Gilead to lead by example, guided by our core values:
Integrity - Doing What's Right
Inclusion - Encouraging Diversity
Teamwork - Working Together
Accountability - Taking Personal Responsibility
Excellence - Being Your Best
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Senior-Manager--Global-Analytics-and-Insights--Liver_R0021907
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency