Director, Global HIV Medical Affairs Pipeline - Foster City CA., or Remote
Director, Global HIV Medical Affairs Pipeline - Foster City CA., or Remote
United States Remote
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need.
With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Headquartered in Foster City, California, Gilead has operations in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, COVID-19, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation.
We have an exciting opportunity within our Global Medical Affairs team for a Director, Medical Affairs within the HIV Treatment team. Reporting to the Senior Director, Global HIV Medical Affairs lenacapavir lead, this role will contribute to the development strategy of Gilead's HIV treatment pipeline and support Global Medical Affairs team activities. Preferably this role will be office-based in our headquarters in Foster City, CA.
- Lead Medical Affairs activities and initiatives pertaining to HIV treatment, with a focus on HIV pipeline (lenacapavir)
- Collaborate with Clinical Research, Global Commercial Product Strategy, Global Value and Access, Medical Information, Marketing, Medical Affairs Research and other cross-functional teams across varied initiatives including publication planning, evidence generation, scientific resources, strategic plans, conference deliverables, and promotional materials
- Serve as Medical Affairs Representative on Global Development Project Teams and/or cross-functional working groups
- Provide medical and scientific input on Investigator-Sponsored Research, Collaborative Research, promotional materials, and health economics and outcomes/value and access initiatives
- Manages projects to completion, anticipating obstacles and difficulties that may arise, resolving them in collaborative manner
- Attend major global scientific conferences and coordinate medical affairs activities at conferences
- Plan and execute HIV Medical Affairs Advisory Programs
- Responsible for the development and execution of projects that will provide more extensive background, additional data/answers to questions in response to issues relative to commercial, scientific, or data needs
- Serve as Medical Affairs Lead on select scientific issues/topics using expertise to develop global scientific messages, inform strategy, create/update slide decks, and review Medical Information response documents
- Provide training within the HIV therapeutic area on relevant topics for Medical Affairs and Commercial personnel
- Collaborate to develop the Global Plan of Action and ensure alignment of team activities
Specific Knowledge, Education, and Experience Requirements
- Advanced scientific degree (MD, DO, PharmD, PhD or equivalent), with 7+ years of clinical and/or research experience in the HIV therapeutic area
- Prior Global or large affiliate experience pharmaceutical industry (3-5 years), ideally within Medical Affairs
- Product launch experience preferred
- History of establishing trusted relationships with external stakeholders on the development and execution
of Medical Affairs strategies
- Ability to develop deep and credible collaborations with partners in Global Commercial, Clinical Research, Global Value and Access and Regulatory groups
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills demonstrated by the ability to identify and interpret
complex issues. Opportunistic thinker with strong judgement and analytical mindset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work successfully with varied
Audiences, cross-functional partners and executives
- Ability to synthesize findings and clearly articulate implications from multiple sources of information, and
to formulate strong, actionable recommendations
- Organized; attention to detail and ability to meet timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and effectively prioritize workload
- Must be able to work with a level of autonomy and independence
- Ability to travel to domestic and international conferences and internal meetings (10-15% expected)
Display of Gilead Core Values:
- Integrity (Doing What's Right)
- Teamwork (Working Together)
- Excellence (Being Your Best)
- Accountability (Taking Personal Responsibility)
- Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity)
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States--Remote/Director--Global-HIV-Medical-Affairs-Pipeline---Foster-City-CA--or-Remote_R0021901
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency