Associate Scientist, Protein Therapeutics
Associate Scientist, Protein Therapeutics
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences currently has an excellent opportunity for an associate scientist to join our protein chemistry group for small molecule drug discovery program. This person will work with a wide range of therapeutic areas in a highly productive environment. He or she will be responsible for generating recombinant proteins and collaborating with enzymology, high-throughput screening, and structural chemistry groups to support assay development, mechanism of action, and structural studies. The successful candidate should be self-driven, independent, and expected to work in a collaborative setting.
Functions and Responsibilities
- Independently design constructs and execute purification of protein targets across therapeutic areas using E coli, and Baculoviral expression systems
- Perform protein quality control experiments using techniques such as SDS-PAGE, Western blot, SEC-MAL, and HPLC
- Trouble shoot protein purification techniques using FPLC
- Encouraged to explore and innovate new techniques for protein sciences
- Participate in group and team meetings and present data
- Ability to interpret and draw conclusion from data and eager to work in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain knowledge of the advancement in the relevant scientific field
- Strong organization with respect to documentation of electronic notebook, report writing, and communication skills are essential
Education and Skills
- BS or MS in protein biochemistry, biology or related field
- 5-8 plus years of experience in protein purification and characterization
- Experience on structure-based design and engineering of protein targets
- Strong familiarity with the use of AKTA instruments and practical experience on protein purification techniques such as affinity, ion-exchange, and size-exclusion chromatography
- Knowledge on mass spectrometry and cell culture work is a plus
- Biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry experience is preferred
- Job title will be commensurate with experience
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Associate-Scientist--Protein-Therapeutics_R0021845
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency