New Sensors & Sensing Technology
This position focuses on the research and development of the next generation of chemical and biological sensors targeting challenging applications such as environmental sensing and human physiological state monitoring. The candidate must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, eagerness to learn and grow, and have a flexible approach to solving problems.
- Participate in ideation, creation, and evaluation of associated technologies related to breath analysis and human physiological state understanding.
- Develop highly selective array of sensing devices based on novel materials such as decorated nanoparticles and carbon nanotubes.
- Perform sensor calibration, data collection, and data processing upon exposure to various biomarkers.
- Organizing multisensory data fusion for higher accuracy and better sensor selectivity.
- Characterize and analyze materials through SEM, XRD, Raman, UV-Vis, FT-IR, etc.
- Contribute to a portfolio of patents, academic publications, and prototypes to demonstrate research value.
- Ph.D. in electrical engineering, materials science, physics, chemistry, or related field.
- Postdoctoral experience in the related field with strong publication record.
- Hands-on experience in electrical measurements and familiarity to material characterizations.
- Research experience in multichannel sensory signal processing and machine learning preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills including development and delivery of presentations, proposals, and technical documents.
Duration: 4 years