Sr Manager, Finance - FP & A (US Commercial Liver Franchise)
Sr Manager, Finance - FP & A (US Commercial Liver Franchise)
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
['About usGilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Being here matters. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives.
Specific Responsibilities & Skills for this PositionThe Finance Senior Manager will be a critical part of the US Commercial Liver Franchise. The individual will join the revenue team, with key responsibilities including managing the GTN (gross to net revenue) close across HBV, HCV, HDV and the pulmonary product portfolios. As part of the close process, the individual will interact and partner with the Managed Markets and the Revenue Accounting teams. Additional responsibilities include supporting the Advanced Pricing process, and the forecasting cycles. This position will report to the Director on the US Commercial FP&A Liver team.
Essential Duties & Job Functions
- Responsible for managing the quarterly GTN process for the Liver and Pulmonary businesses, providing recommendations and business driven scenario analyses
- Partner with Accounting and IT teams to support GTN quarter close efforts. Specifically, ensure all GTN liabilities are accurately recorded and compliant with Accounting policies, GTN results are well characterized, and implications to future periods are clearly and concisely communicated to FP&A leadership
- Analyze forecast versus actual GTN results, characterize change drivers, communicate insights to leadership, and recommend methods to enhance the forecast in future periods
- Provide guidance and analysis to support pricing and discounting decisions. This includes representing finance in cross functional reviews to recommend list prices for new products, setting the contracting and discounting strategy, and reviewing individual contract proposals
- Support the Project Bluestream (launch of Gilead's new ERP system)
- Monitor and develop insights from key business drivers including demand, inventory, payer mix, pricing, and market share
- Proactively recommend process improvements to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of our reporting and analysis
- A critical component of this role is to be able to work with limited/incomplete data to draw conclusions that are compliant and supportable, as well as being able to accurately and concisely communicate those conclusions to Management.
- Provide ad hoc analytical support to executive leadership
- Partner with the commercial contracting team to incorporate contract detail that may have revenue recognition implications
Knowledge, Experience, & Skills
- The preferred candidate will have 8+ years of relevant with a BA/BS, 6+ with and MBA, having held positions of increasing scope and responsibility
- A BS or BA is required, and an MBA or CPA is strongly preferred.
- Prior experience in bio-tech or pharma is strongly preferred.
- Prior experience in GTN strongly preferred.
- In-depth proficiency in aspects of accounting and finance and knowledge of US GAAP is required.
- In depth knowledge of US Healthcare Systems, Business Intelligence, Planning and ERP systems is required with proficiency in Microsoft tools.
- Experience in high-growth, multi-national organization a plus.
The key competencies for this candidate are:
- Excellent interpersonal skills: an inquisitive mind, and the ability to work effectively with multiple functions are required.
- Results Orientation: The ideal candidate will be results-driven and must thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. You must have the ability to deliver results and possess a strong drive to meet and exceed goals and is willing to take ownership of problems and make sound decisions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Positive attitude and a strong work ethic required.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Sr-Manager--Finance---FP---A--US-Commercial-Liver-Franchise-_R0021842-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency