Senior Director, Commercial Leadership Development & Training
Senior Director, Commercial Leadership Development & Training
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Senior Director, Therapeutic Area Training - US Commercial
Reporting to the Head of US Commercial Learning & Development, the Senior Director of Therapeutic Area Training will serve a critical role within the Commercial organization. They will be accountable for setting the short and long-term vision to advance therapeutic area training across all US commercial business units. They will assess and identify development opportunities and training needs across the commercial therapeutic area. They will also lead the creation and effective implementing of curriculums for enhancing selling competencies across Therapeutic Areas. They will partner with relevant internal departments, including field and HQ leadership, marketing, market access, commercial operations, medical affairs, legal, and HR.
The individual will inspire a dynamic culture and lead by example, respecting and living out the Gilead values. This individual will also play a vital role as a member of the CL+D leadership team.
- Demonstrates extensive leadership skills and experience to set a vision, lead change, coach, and mentor others.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to lead, interact with, focus, resolve conflict and drive consensus among CL+D peers and cross-functional stakeholders
- Strong ability to influence decisions and drive consensus across senior leaders.
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or expertise with various learning and development concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Excellent project, people, and budget management skills in training, planning, prioritization, objective setting, meeting management, and plan execution.
- Ability to analyze the characteristics of the business environment and challenges to formulate, develop and execute a training strategy.
- Evaluate training and performance measurements and interventions to support management.
- Oversee learning needs assessment in collaboration with the business to clearly understand and define the gaps in skills and knowledge.
- Lead the definition and implementation of the most effective learning mix (i.e., live/virtual instructor-led, e-learning, blended learning, social learning) for the agreed target audience with best practices and principles of instructional design.
- Broker resources and/or capabilities across the function and business to develop agreed solutions, i.e., Center of Excellence support, partnering with shared services, business subject matter experts, technical trainers, operations, IT, etc.
- Accountable and responsible for all TA/Product curricula components and inventory requiring promotional review and approval by legal/regulatory/compliance
- Ensure learning and development solutions are developed and deployed using global frameworks, standards, systems, and processes. This includes curriculum solutions for all national and regional sales meetings and all phases of sales training
- Lead the creation and standardization of Launch Excellence models for new products/indications from early planning to post-launch sustainment
- Oversee the development and facilitation of engaging and interactive workshops on disease states, products, marketplaces, and contextual selling skills for all types of audiences
- Ensure the strategic utilization of resources by overseeing the identification and selection of vendors as well as existing relationships and projects relating to training (SOW and PO generation and vendor management)
- Participate in the annual business planning process and lead reporting functional areas in an adequate and responsible resource planning and budgeting
- Ability to develop and effectively implement data-driven approaches to decision making in CL+D
- Foster an environment where innovation is seen as an opportunity to improve CL+D offerings
- Responsible for the creation of role-specific learning journeys for field facing commercial roles within US commercial
- Ensure that all training initiatives and programs are fully supported and documented within legal and compliance standards
- Collaborates with corporate learning and development and global learning & development partners to identify synergies and leverage resources collectively
- Creates a culture of development/growth as a source talent pool for the rest of the commercial and operations organization
- May moderate key strategic training sessions for senior members of management in the commercial organization
High School Degree and Eighteen Years' Experience
Associates Degree and Sixteen Years' Experience
Bachelor's Degree and Fourteen Years' Experience
Masters' Degree and Twelve Years' Experience
Ph.D. and Twelve Years' Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, preferably in life sciences or management, MBA or other advanced degree is a plus
- 15+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech or medical device industry
- 7+ years of experience leading sales or training teams
- Strong organizational and project management skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Exceptional facilitation, presentation, and decision-making skills
- Ability to work independently and on a team; positive, team-focused approach is essential
- Computer aptitude with appropriate software programs, Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat is required.
- Formal experience in learning and development, curriculum design, and delivery in live and virtual settings
- Other marketing, operational or global experience
- Experience in utilizing technology to engage field groups
- Experience developing direct reports
- Experience launching products
- A results-oriented professional who demonstrates advanced problem-solving skills with a quick, flexible assessment of situations and implementation of decisions
- Strong knowledge and experience of the end-to-end learning process, i.e., learning needs assessment, program design, and delivery, and learning evaluation and assessment
- Proven ability to interpret customer needs and translate these into a coherent program of work
- Ability to build relationships quickly and credibly
- Experience leading "development" initiatives, i.e., training, coaching, learning initiatives
- Experience working within a complex, matrixed environment
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Sr-Director--Leadership-Development---Marketing-Training_R0021772-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency