Sr. Medical Affairs, Operations Manager
Sr. Medical Affairs, Operations Manager
Canada - Ontario - Mississauga
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Medical Affairs Operations Manager to join the Canadian Medical Affairs team in Mississauga. This role will focus on Medical Affairs strategy and performance ensuring a high level of strategic alignment, quality and efficiency in our activities. You will be a well organized and results-oriented strategic thinker with a focus on business and compliance responsive process/systems strategy.
Reporting to the Country Medical Director, this role is based out of Mississauga and requires very close collaboration with Canadian and regional/international colleagues from within Medical Affairs and the extended cross-functional team locally and globally.
The Role and Responsibilities:
- Leadership to ensure a consistent Medical Planning process for the TAs including definition of KPIs and metrics, that is also aligned with local cross-functional planning process and timelines.
- Key member of the Medical Leadership Team (MLT) providing strategic leadership across Medical Affairs.
- Leadership of the departmental Goals & Objective setting and progress tracking process.
- Implementation of reliable data analytics on Medical Affairs performance to identify opportunities for enhanced performance, improved efficiency and alignment to BPOA
- Operation of Medical Affairs, process management, including Dept budget tracking and other project management activities.
- Optimization of Medical Affairs capabilities through the development and implementation of training activities, inclusive of onboarding plans and high performing team initiatives.
- Continuous focus on process/system effectiveness monitoring and improvement to drive value and ultimately patient benefit in Medical Affairs, fostering best practice sharing amongst TAs.
- Development, implementation, and continuous improvement of other strategic initiatives and special projects in close collaboration with the Country Medical Director.
- Ensures consistency and efficiency of all relevant departmental operations and alignment with company procedures, policies and processes. Provides quality oversight of Medical Affairs activities including SOPs, training and audit programs and related recordings. Develops, refines, and maintains SOPs for Medical affairs activities.
- Preparation of agendas for department and MLT meetings.
- BSc, advanced degree in life science related field or comparable work experience
- Minimum 5 plus years of relevant experience in the pharmaceutical or health care industry, ideally in Medical Affairs
- Excellent project management and project leadership skills, both at the strategic and operational level.
- Experience with digital processes and solutions
- Superior organization and prioritization skills
- Strategic thinker and ability to manage through ambiguity
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision but also to work with multiple different Managers and on multiple simultaneous projects, including cross-functionally (matrix management)
- Ability to lead and manage multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required, along with the ability to understand, analyze and communicate complex information concisely.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strategic mindset with a focus on collaboration and excellence
- Ability to develop effective solutions to complex problems
- Demonstrates Gilead's Leadership Commitments and patient-centric values, including highest ethical and compliance standards.
- Knowledge and appreciation of applicable regulatory and legal requirements for Medical Affairs
- Field-based experience as MSL or in Sales
- Bilingualism (French & English) an asset
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Canada---Ontario---Mississauga/Sr-Medical-Affairs--Operations-Manager_R0020441-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency