Associate Director, Development Project Management, Clinical Pharmacology
Associate Director, Development Project Management, Clinical Pharmacology
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Acts as the project manager for assigned projects of moderate to high complexity. Expected to co-lead assigned projects with little to no guidance from other senior Development Project Management leaders.
Expected to contribute to short- and long-range strategies, plans and infrastructure development.
- May lead or oversee managing building Pop PK dataset and process flow, document drafting, ClinPharm timeline in NDA/BLA
- With little or no direction, leads coordination of document drafting with Medical Writing, Regulatory Project Management and the ClinPharm team and multiple stakeholders and contributors
- Manages timelines based on submission plans and internal review process across multiple programs
- Manages deliverables supporting submissions including Pop PK Exposure Data, Pop PK Report, Summary modules, Part 11 Files used to derive Pop PK data, etc.
Essential duties and job functions
- Influence may span across multiple Development Project Management teams by taking a lead on continuous improvement and best practices efforts.
- Leads complex assignments that enable multiple functions and teams to achieve their project objectives within targeted timelines and allocated resources.
- Advises other functions on how to best achieve their project goals and objectives.
- Interacts with other functions across Development and Research (key contacts include ClinPharm Rep, Bioanalysis Rep, ClinPharm Management, Clinical Operations, Clinical Data Science and Regulatory Affairs)
- May manage external vendors involved in assigned projects.
- Collaborates and partners with others across Development to ensure assigned projects are completed on-time, within-budget and to the quality expected.
Key Accountabilities/Core Job Responsibilities
- Expected to contribute to the evolution of best practices by taking a lead in special activities that build and share knowledge management across Development Project Management.
- Develops and maintains strong stakeholder relations, as evidenced by consistently positive stakeholder feedback.
- May have one or more direct reports.
- Extracts consistently high-quality results through others and optimized approaches to assigned work.
- Provides matrix management to project teams supported. Typically manages multiple teams simultaneously.
- Independently creates and manages project budgets and resource plans for assigned projects, seeking advice as needed.
- Responsible for identifying cross-project synergies to leverage efficiencies and ensure consistencies where appropriate.
- Leads complex projects that enable Development initiatives to proceed. Errors made at this level may cause delays to achieving targeted project outcomes.
- Identifies cross-project synergies that accelerate our progress and maximize efficiencies.
Education and Experience
10+ years relevant experience with BA/BS
8+ years relevant experience with MA/MS/MBA
2+ years relevant experience with PhD, PharmD, or equivalent
- Minimum of 4 years' cross-functional project management or other relevant leadership experience in life sciences, including multiple years' experience managing project teams.
- Proven effectiveness managing multiple project teams in life sciences.
- Has advanced knowledge of functional or therapeutic area, as evidenced by independence in designing, implementing and managing project team plans, deliverables and resource management.
- Has increased interaction and responsibility for solving cross-functional problems.
- Develops solutions to a wide range of complex problems, which require regular use of ingenuity and innovation. Ensures solutions are consistent with organizational objectives.
- Coaches less experienced team members in resolving problems.
- Specific Clinical Pharmacology experience desirable
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Associate-Director--Development-Project-Management--Clinical-Pharmacology_R0020374-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency