WIO Agile Project Delivery Lead
WIO Agile Project Delivery Lead
United States - North Carolina - Raleigh
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to pursuing scientific invention to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis and cancer. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.
You will be part of a team that is helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. We are a close community where every individual matters and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Inclusion is one of our core values, which means we are creating and
fostering a work environment where our differences are valued, and everyone feels respected and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative therapeutics for people with life-threatening diseases.
The Gilead Business Services center in Raleigh's Research Triangle region will be home to some of the company's critical shared service teams in North America, including Information Technology, Global Financial Solutions, HR Operations and Procurement Services Desk. These functions provide
the necessary support to ensure Gilead's business runs effectively and efficiently. The center will also be a catalyst for standardization of processes, digital transformation and technology optimization.
The Worldwide Infrastructure & Operations (WIO) - Infrastructure Services organization provides the full range of infrastructure services to Gilead's business users globally. This team aims to provide infrastructure services that are reliable, accessible, feature-rich, and easy to use for all users. From the business standpoint, we aim to build a highly effective team that provides services that are cost-effective, proactively managed, and financially responsible and transparent to our stakeholders.
The WIO Agile Project Delivery Lead plays a significant role in implementing projects. The role of the Delivery Lead is to plan, execute, and complete projects on time, on budget and on quality throughout the project's lifecycle. This includes coordinating, supervising and managing plans for resources and orchestrating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors, vendors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to expected outcomes.
Responsibilities of WIO Agile Project Delivery Lead include:
- Sets and continually manages project expectations with team members and other identified stakeholders
- Orchestrates project resources and activities in the end-to-end execution and delivery of one or more project, including initiation/kickoffs, planning, execution, monitoring, transition to Operations, and close
- Develops project plan, resource plan and budget
- Manages the execution of the project, assigning tasks to project resources, managing project scope, schedule, budget, risks, issues, and quality to meet deliverables and commitments
- Oversees all phases of the project, coordinating with business and IT team members and vendors
- Oversees RFP/RFI processes and procuring of external resources and services
- Ensures completion of risk, security, regulatory compliance, architecture, disaster recovery, ROI, and other mandated assessments
- Facilitates project team and steering meetings with documented minutes and follow up actions
- Manages and maintains centralized project document repository
- Prepares for and ensures project passes required stage gate reviews
- Provides accurate, timely and transparent status updates to all levels of the business and IT
- Collaborates with capability/product owners to ensure the product backlog is well-groomed and ready for the next sprint.
- Helps capability/product owners in making the right decisions
- Tracks and provides capability/product and team metrics
- Chairs daily stand-ups and sprint planning
- Empowers the team by removing impediments to progress
- Acts as a buffer between the team and any distracting influences
- Helps team choose and adhere to the right agile development techniques and toolsets
- Onboards and develops project resources to be an effective member of WIO delivery team and be the point of escalation to resolve conflicts, issues and risks
- High School Degree and Twelve Years Experience OR Associate's Degree and Ten Years Experience OR Bachelor's Degree and Eight Years Experience OR Master's Degree and Six Years Experience
- Experience with organizational transformation and process re-engineering
- 8+ years of Project Management experience
- In-depth knowledge and practical experiences of Software Lifecycle Methodology and Agile Methodology
- Comfortable with engaging and managing multiple stakeholders at various levels to achieve project objectives, without formal authority
- Ability to bring order, governance and structure to a project or program
- Strong leadership and management skills with ability to make critical decisions
- Excellent knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures
- Proven experience with management of IT portfolio, program and project managers
- Excellent in risk management, conflict management, and escalation management
- Previous experience in the Life Science/Pharma/Medical Devices/Healthcare Industries
- PMP certification or Agile certification or equivalent practical experiences
- Solid background in building roadmaps, create and execute on a strategic vision
- Familiar with ServiceNow ITBM (Information Technology Business Management)
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---North-Carolina---Raleigh/WIO-Agile-Project-Delivery-Lead_R0017647
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency