Sr Manager- Project Management
Sr Manager- Project Management
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Senior Project Manager, Project & Portfolio Management
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual's contribution matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
This role will report to the Senior Director of Commercial Manufacturing at the Foster City site to provide both project management support of projects in the portfolio and to be the business process owner of the various program and project management business processes and systems. The primary focus will be on managing a variety of projects in the Global Serialization & Traceability program while ensuring the processes and systems are maintained and updated as required with the support of contracted resources. Based on business needs, the individual in this role may also support the organization in the management of other business process and technology related projects in Commercial Manufacturing, Packaging & Labeling, and Master Data Management.
- Support global programs as a project manager and participate in projects of diverse complexity, time durations and scope
- Support business lead and overall program manager for larger programs to develop a project plan and capture budgetary needs to roll up to the overall integrated project plan
- Drive and manage other individual projects (e.g. serial number and aggregation data integrations with Commercial Manufacturing Organizations (CMOs) and Third Party Logistics Providers (3PLs), implementation of local country aggregation reporting modules and others as needed per business requirements and priorities.
- Use best-in-class project management methodologies to develop and manage the project plan, schedule, budget, resource requirements and RAID logs (Risks, Actions, Issues Decisions)
- Manage project risks and deploy a plan to mitigate and resolve risks
- Participate in project intake, feasibility study, project prioritization as needed
- Define operating cadence to ensure a smooth project management rhythm
- Manage project financials to ensure project completion within the approved budget and the realization of project value
- Contribute to planning for communications on project value to a broader community
- Build networks connecting effectively with key stakeholders
- Conduct standard post-mortem review meetings and apply findings to further enhance the quality and effectiveness of the project management capability
- Manage and oversee consultants and contractors for both projects and management of project management processes and technology
- Provide business process ownership of project management processes and technology
- Ensure project methodology and tools are updated and incorporate additional best practices
- Prioritize and implement enhancements to Smartsheets as required
Experience/Education & Skills
- BA or BS degree in a STEM, business or related field
- 8+ years of project management experience leading and supporting strategic projects
- PMP or equivalent certification desired
- Track record of leading and successfully delivering complex multi-site, multi-system, business and technical (Manufacturing/IT) projects across various geographies and time zones.
- Experience leading GxP related projects preferred.
- Strong knowledge of project management methodologies and their applications to business and technical projects
- Strong knowledge of project management tools (e.g., Smartsheet), MS Project, PowerPoint, and collaboration tools
- Strong experience in facilitating workshops involving cross-functional teams and deliverable development
- Solid experience in providing operational updates to senior management
- Strong track record of supporting key cross-site and cross-functional strategic initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to gain clarity to the priority of business requirements, benefits, and correlation to investment needs
- Budgeting and forecasting experience with solid analytical skills
- Awareness of Change Management Framework and successful use-cases
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate with a variety of stakeholders at all levels effectively, including executives with differing priorities
- Exercise independent judgment within defined practices to identify solutions
- Gilead business knowledge and organization insight desired
- Preferred experience including: six sigma, lean manufacturing, order-to-cash, plan-to-make, and business analysis
- Experience working with Life Sciences / Pharmaceutical companies preferred
Behaviors and Capabilities
- Demonstrate Gilead's core values
- Influence - the ability to collaborate with colleagues and ensure they understand the vision, mission, and execution to support the business objective. Work well with peers and stakeholders and ability to influence without authority
- Strong teamwork and facilitation - effective at being a member of teams. Listens actively and responds constructively to the needs and views of others.
- Delivery - gets the job done. Exhibits a sense of urgency on critical time-dependent issues
- Resilient during change and ambiguity
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize and is persistent to achieve the business objectives
- Positive attitude and a customer-centric approach
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Sr-Manager--Project-Management_R0021741-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency