Senior Director, Global Analytics & Insights - Oncology
Senior Director, Global Analytics & Insights - Oncology
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Senior Director, Global Analytics & Insights - Oncology
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. We strive to transform and simplify care for people with life-threatening illnesses around the world. Gilead's portfolio of products and pipeline of investigational drugs includes treatments for HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer, inflammatory and respiratory diseases.
Our Senior Director, Global Analytics & Insights (GA&I) for Oncology will oversee a team of individuals responsible for providing comprehensive market assessments and decision analysis support to the broader, cross-functional Oncology team. This team also works closely with the Oncology Global Commercial Product Strategy (GCPS) team to inform key pipeline development and global product and franchise strategies. Individuals in this role will represent Global Analytics & Insights and establish strong working relationships with a variety of key internal stakeholders including GCPS, regional Commercial Operations, Clinical, Medical Affairs, Development Project Teams, Project & Portfolio Management, Corporate Development, Alliance Management and Finance.
At a high-level this individual will:
- Lead a team of six who support the commercialization efforts for pipeline assets, inform the lifecycle management process and collaborate with Global Commercial Product Strategy Oncology TA to guide product and disease area strategy. The team will be responsible for generating foundational market understanding of Oncology through the execution of market research and forecasting/analytics in key commercial markets (i.e. US, EU5, Japan, Canada, China)
- Provide a franchise level view of the Oncology Therapeutic Area
Our Sr Director of GA&I, Oncology will report to the Executive Director, Global Analytics & Insights, be expected to leverage a broad skill set (functional analytics and insight expertise, therapeutic area knowledge, communication skills, team leadership, etc.) and support key initiatives both as an individual contributor, by active oversight, coaching, and development of their team.
Essential Duties & Functions
Specific responsibilities may include (but will not be limited to) the following:
Market Research Related to Pipeline Planning & Global Marketing Strategy
- Defining global market research priorities, together with GCPS leads, proactively identifying upcoming business decisions and plans to inform them
- Conducting primary research: Developing qualitative (e.g., IDI) and quantitative (e.g., conjoint) market research surveys for use with physicians, patients, and payers
- Working with 3rd-party agencies to determine appropriate methodology, ensuring project alignment to business objectives, and guiding execution and reporting
- Analyzing survey results to understand data, key market insights, and implications for Gilead
- Conduct secondary research: Analyzing secondary data sources (e.g., script data, epidemiology data) to produce summaries, and insights/implications
- Evaluating potential new secondary data sources, to rationalize against array of data sources currently used by Gilead
- Examples of work can include but are not limited to opportunity assessments, treatment flow mapping, segmentation, product attribute/benefit testing, positioning/messaging, patient journey mapping, HCP journey mapping, etc.
Forecasting/Analytics Related to Pipeline Planning & Global Marketing
- Developing and maintaining long-term (5-year and 10-year views) forecast models for marketed and pipeline products, including forecasts of epidemiology, competitive market, price, and revenue
- Collaborating with Regional and Local Analytics & Insight teams, as well as Literature Resources, Competitive Intelligence, R&D, Pricing and Market Access, and Marketing/Sales leads to identify and include quality data assumptions into forecasting models
- Carrying out base-case and scenario modeling using long-term models to support decision-making by Commercial, R&D, Corporate Development, Finance, and Corporate executive leadership, conduct scenario analyses as needed
- Working with affiliate markets to scope, design, and manage the execution of quantitative market research (e.g., discrete-choice conjoint) to inform revenue forecasting via predictive patient share modeling
- Examples of decisions that may be informed by analytics include progression of internal assets through the R&D pipeline, partnerships or acquisitions of specific assets or whole companies, strategic portfolio mix, product pricing at launch and at the time of generic competition, etc.
Business Partnership to Cross-functional Stakeholders and Senior Management
- Acting as business partner for the assigned Oncology therapeutic area head for all market insights related issues/ questions
- Providing actionable recommendations to therapeutic areas on commercial strategy decisions
- Developing polished and up-leveled communication materials (slides, documents) targeted to key audiences including the C-suite, Board of Directors, and EVP/VP levels
- Presenting and leading discussion of results in a collaborative, effective, and efficient manner
- Working with GCPS to understand implications of market research and forecasting/analytics insights for Gilead's business, and developing plans to address
Other Important Responsibilities
- Leading ad hoc strategy projects and initiatives (e.g. evaluating new indications and markets) for commercialized, pipeline products and external opportunities
- Working with group leadership to improve the efficiency, consistency, rigor, and credibility of Global Analytics & Insights, in collaboration with key global partners (Regions and Local Markets)
- Working with Advanced Analytics using both internal and external (e.g., claims, EMR, lab, genomic) data sources to conduct more predictive/precision medicine analyses, as requested
- Setting an expectation and goal to serve as a trusted advisor to GCPS VP Oncology and brand/indication leads and other critical partners/stakeholders across the organization (e.g., ACE, Oncology Analytics & Insights, VP Business Development, etc.); developing team to (in all cases) focus on the business need, extracting and delivering key insights and implications for Gilead.
Knowledge, Education, Experience, & Skills
- (With a bachelor's degree) at least 14 years' relevant experience in biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, or consulting with a focus in one or more areas of market research, forecasting, analytics, decision analytics, commercial strategy, or marketing or at least 12 years' experience (with an advanced degree)
- MBA, Ph.D. in Life Sciences, or M.D. is preferred
- Experience specific to the Oncology therapeutic area is highly preferred
- Business leadership experience, and a track record of influencing without authority (specifically, more senior Commercial and cross-functional partners) in successful conflict resolution, and driving consensus
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team of high-level individual contributors with a long-term vision
- Prior experience conducting, analyzing, and communicating qualitative and quantitative market research is required
- Experience in patient-based market/revenue modeling is required
- Must possess good task management skills, planning, prioritization, objective setting, and meeting management and plan execution
- History of working and delivering on multiple projects simultaneously, with tight deadlines and changing priorities is required
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills are required
- History of process improvement, optimization, and reinvention to support better, faster, cheaper ways for routine processes and evolve the groups capability maturity
- Ability to effectively leverage Microsoft Office (specifically PowerPoint and Excel) to present quantitative data in graphical form is required
- Experience in successfully presenting to senior leadership audiences, including simplifying complex materials, educating, and managing audiences with differing viewpoints to get to alignment via clear and compelling storylines
- Experience in biopharmaceutical-focused marketing, commercial strategy, or consulting is desirable
- Proven history of working and delivering on multiple projects simultaneously, with tight deadlines and changing priorities is required
- Passionate about the function, and a natural curiosity to solve complex problems.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Senior-Director--Global-Analytics---Insights---Oncology_R0021849-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency