Associate Director Finance, Global Commercial Reporting and Analytics
Associate Director Finance, Global Commercial Reporting and Analytics
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions. Being here matters. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. The Associate Director Finance, Global Commercial Reporting and Analytics, will set-up and lead the Global Commercial Finance reporting COE and is responsible for Global delivery of standardized operational and executive reporting and analytics for the Commercial Finance function. The role will support the opportunity to scale Global Commercial finance standardized reporting and analytical requirements across the Commercial Finance organization. This is a high-profile role and the successful candidate will partner with regional finance affiliates, commercial operations functions and related executive stakeholders to establish standardized finance KPI's and incorporate key commercial demand metrics in reporting and analytics.The focus of the role is to:
- Support Standardized Commercial Reporting and Analytics and improve process consistency and controls through a centralized function.
- Develop a standard set of key reports and use business intelligence to identify next opportunities for efficiency and actionable business insights.
- Be an advocate to digitalize and automate Commercial Finance processes through data and analytics insight, and deployment of RPA, AI, and other emerging technologies to create capacity, increase efficiency, quality and control of our processes.
The role will be involved from the ideation of potential reporting and automation solutions for business needs through to successful execution of these initiatives supporting the overall Commercial Finance function. The current tool used is Tableau and will be a key focus point until further analytical tools can be assessed by this leader. This role will play a key part in bridging the newly forming D&A strategy with the SAP integration in collaborating closely with IT to enhance the business effectiveness of these enterprise technologies.
Effectively and proactively managing the perceptions and expectations of business leaders and senior management is critical to the success of this role. The successful candidate will be expected to be highly self-motivated and innovative, with proven experience in successfully leading the design of a new Reporting and Analytics road map to support an ambitious commercial growth strategy.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:General responsibilities for this position will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Build and lead Commercial Finance reporting COE
- Build and maintain data governance strategies for the Commercial organization
- Assess and implement a Standardized Reporting and Analytics suite for the overall Commercial Finance function
- Establish and manage Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for performance across Revenue, Opex, People, Vendor Management and other areas
- Provide actionable insight to decision-makers to influence strategy and performance
- Partner with regional leaders, senior management, and Global Commercial Finance head on the identification and execution of continuous improvement initiatives and cultivate a culture of teamwork.
- Work cross-functionally as a key contributor to the overall success of a global dynamic commercial function
- Key contributor and thought leader to enable best in class Analytics & insights practices in all the supported implementations
- Leads or serves as a key project team member in cross-functional system implementations (eg D&A strategy and SAP integration)
- Create visualizations to aid in understanding data, ensuring quick support of urgent needs
- Take an active part in several corporate level cross-functional initiatives and strategic projects
The key competencies for this candidate are:
- Strong analytical skills and a critical thinker; must have the ability to use excellent judgment and resolve issues with dexterity.
- Report and analyze data from multiple sources to create integrated views that can be used to drive decision making
- Automate, operationalize, monitor and manage data pulled from various source systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills, an inquisitive mind, and the ability to work effectively with multiple, cross-functional stakeholders.
- Excellent communications skills: written, verbal, and presentation
- Results orientation: The ideal candidate will be results-driven and must thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to operate successfully across diverse geographical locations and cultures
- High level of self-motivation, leadership, positive attitude, and strong work ethic
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Data & Analytics or Finance, and 10 years of Data & Analytic and Technology programs experience OR master's degree and 8 years' experience
- Data visualization (Tableau, or similar BI platforms) to develop reports and dashboards is required along with knowledge of the data sources/formulas
- Experienced leader in building Commercial or Finance Analytical solutions within a pharmaceutical or commercial biopharmaceutical organization, with a diverse and broad set of expertise on commercial Sales Analytics solutions is desirable
- Seen as a resource for the business area on how current systems/technologies/processes are used to support the business. Participates in development and management of long-term plans with senior leadership
- Possesses a broad understanding of current and emerging analytics not limited to, analytics, data integration, business process automation, and content management technologies
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Prior working experience in a Pharmaceutical company is a big plus as well as any prior FP&A experience
- Highly organized, results-oriented and attentive to details, self-motivated, proactive, independent and responsive - requires little supervisory attention
- Experience working in a multinational or global Finance organization is strongly preferred
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, Outlook, Word, Visio, PowerPoint)
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Associate-Director-Finance--Global-Commercial-Reporting-and-Analytics_R0021796-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency