Associate Director, Global Analytics and Insights - Liver/Inflammatory
Associate Director, Global Analytics and Insights - Liver/Inflammatory
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide. Headquartered in Foster City, California, Gilead has operations in North America, Europe, and Australia. We are committed to transforming the promise of science and technology into therapies that can make a meaningful difference in patients' lives. We are passionate about advancing treatments for - and potentially curing - some of the world's most challenging and complex illnesses and bringing these scientific innovations to people in need. Focus on areas of high unmet needs, including HIV, HBV, HCV, Oncology, Inflammatory & Infectious diseases.
The Associate Director, Virology in Gilead's Global Analytics and Insights (GA&I) group participates actively in Commercial efforts by providing an objective and detailed understanding of current and future markets, product performance, customers, and competitors. This individual must possess a broad skill set (e.g. functional expertise, therapeutic knowledge, communication skills, etc.) to ensure efficient execution of GA&I objectives with a diverse set of key stakeholders - including Global Commercial Product Strategy (GCPS, e.g. Global Marketing), Clinical Development, Corporate Development, Commercial Strategy, functional Commercial Operations counterparts, Project & Portfolio Management and global Commercial leadership.
This role will have global responsibility for generating foundational market understanding within the Gilead's various Therapy Area's through the execution of market research and forecasting/analytics in key commercial markets (i.e. US, EU and Japan). This position will support the commercialization efforts for pipeline assets, inform the lifecycle management process and collaborate with GCPS' Therapeutic Area Leads to guide product and disease area strategy. The role will report to a Senior Director leading one of Gilead's Therapy Areas (Liver, Anti-viral, Inflammation, etc.).
Essential Duties & Functions
- Market Research Related to Pipeline Planning, Global Marketing and Business Development
- Define Global market research priorities in collaboration with GCPS Indication and/or Therapeutic Area Leads to proactively address key business decisions
- Create foundational market understanding through the development of treatment flow maps, market segmentation, attribute/benefit testing, positioning and campaign development, etc.
- Conduct primary research: develop qualitative and quantitative market research studies with physicians, patients, and payers
- Manage vendors to determine appropriate research methodology, ensure project alignment to business objectives and guide execution and reporting
- Examine research findings to understand data, key market insights and implications for Gilead
- Analyze secondary data sources (e.g., prescription data, epidemiology studies) to generate insights and identify implications
- Forecasting/Analytics Related to Pipeline Planning, Global Marketing and Business Development
- Develop long-term (i.e. 10-year) strategic forecasts for pipeline and marketed products that incorporate disease epidemiology, evolving treatment paradigms, competitive products and global pricing and access dynamics
- Collaborate with internal experts in Market Research, Literature Resources, Competitive Intelligence, R&D, and Marketing/Sales leads to generate robust forecast assumptions
- Conduct forecast scenario analysis to support decision-making by Commercial, R&D, Corporate Development, Finance, and Corporate executive leadership
- Scope, design, and manage the execution of quantitative market research (e.g., discrete-choice conjoint) to inform revenue forecasting
- Examples of decisions that may be informed by analytics include progression of internal assets through the R&D pipeline, partnerships or acquisitions of specific assets or whole companies, strategic portfolio mix, product pricing at launch and at the time of generic competition
- Communicate results of market research and forecasting/analytics to a variety of internal stakeholders at all levels of the organization:
- Develop clear and effective communication materials (e.g. reports, presentations) targeted to key audiences
- Present and lead discussion of results and insights in a collaborative, efficient manner
- Work with GCPS Indication and/or Therapeutic Area Leads to understand implications of market research and forecasting/analytics insights for Gilead's business, and develop plans to address these implications
- Lead ad hoc strategy projects and initiatives (e.g. evaluating new indications and markets) for internal assets and external opportunities
- Work with group leadership to improve the efficiency, consistency, rigor, and credibility of GA&I, in collaboration with key global partners (US, EU and Japan)
Knowledge, Experience, & Skills
- Excellent analytical, market research and interpretive skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to lead, resolve conflict and drive consensus among individuals from a variety of disciplines. Ability to represent the GA&I function on cross-functional teams, including accountability for GA&I contributions and provision of information and recommendations
- Strong communication skills with an ability to efficiently and productively communicate both orally and in writing are required. Demonstrated persuasive written and verbal communication skills and effective in a variety of presentation settings. Comfortable influencing senior management
- Strong command of a variety of analytical and market research techniques, Experience utilizing rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions. Utilizes creativity and ingenuity to develop solutions to complex problems, formulates strategies and approaches that may fall outside historical norms
- Sought out as an analytical expert and, more importantly, as a strategic adviser. Grasps key issues quickly, understands the "big picture" and links market insights to larger issues
- In-depth experience designing and conducting quantitative and qualitative primary and secondary market research. The ability to meaningfully portray and effectively communicate complex quantitative data in an easy-to-understand format is required. Must have in-depth knowledge and experience in a complex franchise-specific market. Proven experience with global Sales and Marketing organizations and experience with pharmaceutical data sources e.g., IQVIA/IMS, SHA and chart audits are required
- Good project management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines in an environment of competing and changing priorities. Must have strong task management skills to include planning, prioritization, objective setting, and meeting management and plan execution. In-depth ability to use Microsoft Office and other planning software required
- Can deal with ambiguity and act without having the total picture, is able to effectively pose questions in order to tease out information required for decision-making. Can handle risk and uncertainty
- Strong commitment to quality. Consistently and thoroughly reviews work for accuracy before sharing with a wider audience. Delivers final products that are well vetted and reliable
- Some travel required
Specific Education and Experience:
- 10+ years of relevant pharmaceutical industry experience, including 5+ years of market research and/or strategic analysis and planning experience
- Experience in one or more Gilead therapy areas is preferred, but not required
- Significant experience conducting quantitative and qualitative primary and secondary market research is required. Expertise in a broad range of qualitative and quantitative market research techniques, including appropriate application of data collection and analytic approaches
- Experience developing and using Excel-based models and conducting quantitative analysis is required
- Previous experience in launching products, and exposure to pharmaceutical product development and brand marketing are preferred
- BA/BS degree in finance, life sciences or medicine is required, and an MBA or advanced degree is desirable
- Experience in life sciences, healthcare, pharmaceutical and biotech industry strongly preferred
Foster City, CA. based-position. Full relocation offered.
The Gilead Difference
Everyone at Gilead is motivated by our overarching mission to discover and deliver innovative therapies that improve patient care in areas of unmet medical needs. But it's just what we do that gives us an edge, it's how we do it. We expect everyone at Gilead to lead by example, guided by our core values:
Integrity - Doing What's Right
Inclusion - Encouraging Diversity
Teamwork - Working Together
Accountability - Taking Personal Responsibility
Excellence - Being Your Best
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Associate-Director--Global-Analytics-and-Insights---Liver-Inflammatory_R0021829-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency