Assistant Research Scientist
The Choudhury lab research interest focuses on the epigenetic biomarker and regulation (molecular biology-pharmacology) in metabolic diseases and pregnancy complications. The candidate will work with a vibrant and collaborative group of scientists in direct interaction/collaboration with other well-known scientists in USA and globally.
Lab Website: https://pharmacy.tamu.edu/labs/choudhury/
We are seeking several research positions in-funded research projects in epigenetics of molecular endocrinology. Both recent PhD graduates and more experienced researchers with a strong publication record, outstanding career potential, and a strong motivation to succeed are encouraged to apply to strengthen our multidisciplinary team. We have several ongoing projects stressing on microRNA, lncRNA, and many more epigenetic biomarkers and regulations in metabolic diseases. We are also looking for PhD students to join our lab.
A PhD in biological research related field is preferred. Strong background on diabetes, obesity, and pregnancy complications is needed. The ability to initiate, conduct, evaluate and report independent research studies is essential. Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving abilities, and excellent communication skills in both spoken and written English are also required. Mouse model experience is warranted. Also, leadership quality to lead and collaborate on several projects in a diverse team of researchers is essential.
If interested, please email Dr. Mahua Choudhury with CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
- Appropriate PhD
- Relevant professional experience
Required Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others
- Experience leading multiple projects, technical/scientific writing, and supervising students
Preferred Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability through publications on metabolic diseases including diabetes or obesity or pregnancy complications
- Good computer literacy and expertise in statistical analysis
- Knowledge of bioinformatics analysis
- Experience working with diverse individuals and communities
- Knowledge of epigenetics
- Expertise in mouse studies (preferably KO mice), colony management
- In vitro and in vivo mouse studies on metabolic diseases
- Communicate with PI, other collaborators within as well as outside TAMU to ensure alignment of expectations within project objectives as well lead, influence, and enlist support to other lab members
- Conduct literature searches and reviews and continue to update knowledge and develop skills
- Maintain accurate and complete records of all findings
- Generate and display the results and interpret their implications
- Lead projects with confidence and proper organization
- Excellent communication and organization skill in a well-funded lab with several postdocs and students
- Actively participate as a member of a research team and attend and contribute to relevant meetings
- Present research findings to colleagues and at conferences
- Write progress reports, organize data
- Preparation of laboratory for experiments including preparation of solutions and cleaning work areas; this may require light to moderate lifting
- Ordering of supplies, take care of lab equipment, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Apply for Assistant Research Scientist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly