About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment. Position Summary
The Department of Pathology is seeking a Research Associate I to work with a group of researchers in lymphoma genomics and biology. The Research Associate I perform experiments related to cell culture and drug screen and propagation of resistant cell lines. Experience with molecular techniques such as gene editing and ability to extract DNA/RNA for sequencing is desirable. Key Responsibilities include:
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Utilizing laboratory equipment and established protocols, performs a variety of research experiments including cell line work and drug resistance screening. Records and validates results for
- accuracy and completeness.
- May modify protocols
- Write standard operating procedures and reports.
- Maintains records of work performed including results and methodology; utilizing records may calculate, graph and compile data.
- Develops techniques and expertise in one or more areas relevant to laboratory research project.
- Ensures that all laboratory activities are carried out in compliance with safety procedures and guidelines in handling, storage and disposal of materials.
Preferred education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Bachelor's degree in biological sciences.
- 0-2 years of research/laboratory experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Cell culture including drug screening and propagation of resistant cell line Proficient in molecular techniques (e.g. gene editing, DNA/RNA extraction)
- Flow cytometry
- To protect the health of patients and staff and to comply with new State of California mandates, City of Hope staff are required to show proof of full vaccination by September 30, 2021. Compliance is a condition of employment.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Posting Date: Aug 25, 2021
- Job Field: Clinical Research
- Employee Status: Regular
- Shift: Day Job