Thank you for your interest. Please note, the purpose of this posting is to recruit for on-going and future positions. About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment. Position Summary
Staff Scientist and Postdoctoral Fellowship opportunities are available in the laboratory of Dr. Andrea Bild
at City of Hope, an NCI-National Cancer Institute for mathematicians, bioinformaticians, and cancer biologists. We are looking for creative and motivated individuals to work on a project associated with breast tumor heterogeneity, subclonal evolution, tumor microenvironmental diversity, and response to drug therapy.
This funded project is part of the prestigious Cancer Systems Biology Consortium: https://www.cancer.gov/about-nci/organization/dcb/research-programs/csbc and provides an opportunity to lead systems biology focused projects and interact with leaders in the field. For examples of our current research, please reference our recent publications in Nature Cancer (https://www.nature.com/articles/s43018-021-00215-7), Nature Communication (PMID: 34031395) and PNAS (PMID: 32571915). Key Responsibilities include:
- Study the evolution of cancer cell and tumor microenvironment heterogeneity during development of resistant cancer.
- Lead independent research studies and mentor students.
- Work closely with the PI in developing and implementing the project, together with a team of medical oncologists, systems biologists, mathematicians, and biologists.
- Write up research results and assist with grant proposals.
The collaborative environment at the City of Hope and the discovery-based nature of this project will foster multidisciplinary thinking and will provide the potential for advancing expertise in cutting-edge technologies. Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- A Ph.D. degree in mathematics, bioinformatics, cellular and molecular biology, cancer biology, systems biology, or related discipline. Must have multiple first author publications.
- Must have multiple first author publications.
- For more information about Dr. Bild's research, please click here .
- Years of experience and outcomes such as publications will determine specific job title.
- To apply , please send a cover letter with a statement of research interests and how they relate to this project, an updated CV and contact information for 3-5 references to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- To protect the health of patients and staff and to comply with new State of California mandates, City of Hope staff are required to show proof of full vaccination by September 30, 2021. Compliance is a condition of employment.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Posting Date: Sep 23, 2021
- Job Field: Research
- Employee Status: Regular
- Shift: Day Job