Associate Director, Commercial L&D
Associate Director, Commercial L&D
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The Associate Director of Commercial Learning & Development will be responsible for leading a proactive and progressive approach to learning and development. The position will be a key influencer of change and be accountable for identifying key learning needs and driving an organizational learning culture. They will design and implement a multi-dimensional service offering, in line with Gilead's commercial priorities and ensure the appropriate delivery of all learning activities by:
- Designing curricula and blended learning pathways Being accredited to deliver Coaching and mentoring others in the organization that has training responsibilities, ensuring the appropriate application of adult learning principles are always considered.
- They will consult with the commercial leadership to ensure the training and capability development strategy addresses the full training lifecycle, from identification of needs, the execution of training and deployment of materials, to the evaluation of training effectiveness, and the realization of benefits.
- They will provide guidance to business partners and manage the delivery of effective training solutions that are timely and in line with the defined learning and development priorities.
- Develops the long-term learning and development vision for the organization that fosters a learning culture and environment that ensures that the company is working towards improving the knowledge, skills, and behavior of its commercial teams.
- Monitors and maintains alignment with the commercial group's strategic priorities while balancing short-term and long-term learning objectives.
- Partners with the commercial leaders to create an annual learning & development plan, including specific Learning & Development needs, target audience, prioritization, and budget/resource requirements. Ensures functional partner expectations for training strategy, materials, and deployment are met.
- Works closely with the brand teams to support their strategic vision. Assists in the creation of training programs and tactics that align with this vision.
- Optimize existing programs, plans, and curricula with a focus on adult learning and instructional design principles. Designs customized content for delivery of the programs, in line with the training needs, organizational vision, values, business objectives.
- Responsible for managing budgets, work methods, and the appropriate allocation of internal and vendor resources whilst managing 3rd party contractors/vendors and internal business stakeholders.
- Serves as a point of contact for vendors, agencies, and internal cross-functional groups related to the development of curriculum and modules. Works with outside vendors and internal medical experts to design and construct training materials on therapeutic areas and specific Gilead products. Reviews and recommends modifications to vendor-developed training content.
- Collaborate with global and regional colleagues to drive continuous improvement in Gilead's programs
- Creates a community of learning leads across the business including the creation of a pool of internal and external trainers, training partners, and vendors. Collaborates with a network of subject matter experts within functional areas and leads the creation and management of an ANZ train-the-trainer strategy with subject matter experts to successfully extend training reach and effectiveness. Provides individual coaching and mentoring to SME's and other training specialists involved in training initiatives.
- Maintains contacts with external organizations in the training industry (including adult learning, instructional design, e-learning, and performance improvement) to ensure utilization of leading-edge thinking, benchmarks, and the implementation of innovative approaches, methods, tools, design standards, and metrics in the training arena.
- Develops and implements relevant training programs for commercial teams to improve the knowledge and application of selling techniques and soft skills. Coordinates the involvement of internal and external training participants (e.g. speakers, role play participants, preceptorships, etc.). Delivers and facilitates relevant face to face and virtual classroom sessions.
- Participate in cross-functional projects that include the development of training modules and curriculum.
High School Degree and Fourteen Years' Experience
Associates Degree and Twelve Years' Experience
Bachelor's Degree and Ten Years' Experience
Masters' Degree and Eight Years' Experience
Ph.D. and Two Years' Experience
- 5+ years of related technical experience in the biotech or pharmaceuticals industry including 3 + years of successful commercial experience. Relevant education in Training and Assessment as well as Virolog or HIV training
- Strong commercial training skills and thorough knowledge and/or expertise in each area (e.g., commercial skills, core business skills, specialized skills, etc.). Strong familiarity and knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures for sales (and other commercial) training.
- Extensive knowledge of adult/corporate learning, coaching, mentoring and curriculum delivery systems (Learning Management Systems). Utilizes different training and education methods, formats, and distribution methods.
- In-depth experience in preparation, development, and administration of training programs and systems and training and curricula development. Significant experience in classroom delivery and facilitation.
- Experienced with authoring and online learning development tools, both personally and via specialist vendors.
- Project management skills with strong problem identification/ resolution skills in a complex environment. Excellent planner, able to formulate, develop and execute training strategy, and effectively manage multiple projects/priorities. Demonstrates strong interpersonal communication, facilitation, problem solving, decision making and analytical skills.
- Innovative and creative thinker. Effectively formulates strategies, tactics, and action plans to achieve results. Considerable organizational awareness (e.g. interrelationship of departments, business priorities), including significant experience working cross-functionally and in global teams. Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills, including a customer focused approach, and highly effective teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Expert ability to facilitate and coach to extrapolate feedback to assess learning. Generates enthusiasm and drive for commitment to excellence.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills (Fluency in written and spoken English) to lead, interact with, focus, resolve conflict, and drive consensus amongst Gilead's business units.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Associate-Director--Commercial-L-D_R0021799-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency