Associate Director, Global Pricing & Analytics
Associate Director, Global Pricing & Analytics
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Associate Director, Global Pricing & Analytics
Location: Foster City, CA
At Gilead, we are driven to develop lifesaving products that make a difference for patients around the world. Every day, we transform the promise of science and technology into breakthrough, innovative therapies that have the power to cure, prevent or treat disease. As a research-based biopharmaceutical company, we are revolutionizing healthcare by bringing medicines to patients in the areas of unmet need including HIV, AIDS, liver diseases, hematology and oncology, and inflammation and respiratory diseases. When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives.
The Associate Director, Global Pricing & Analytics will lead operational pricing and analytics across the Gilead portfolio, as well as any designated TA pricing strategy responsibilities. This role works closely with internal stakeholders across Global Pricing & Analytics Global Value & Access (GV&A), Local Value & Access, Finance, Legal, IT, Global Commercial Product Strategy (GCPS), Global Analytics & Insights, and other relevant internal & 3rd party/external partners.
The role will report to the Executive Director of Global Pricing & Analytics within Global Value & Access.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for monitoring and tracking price trends, country pricing needs and requests, and managing any relevant pricing requests, including guiding any reviews to be escalated for discussion in the Global Pricing Committee.
- Guide review of pricing proposals against global pricing guidelines. Support Strategic Pricing, V&A TA leads and local affiliates to leverage consistent use of all pricing templates (i.e. country & GPC) to maintain accuracy & consistency for sound & timely decision-making. Support ED of pricing & analytics for GPC meeting prep & logistics, including coordination V&A leads, GCPS & Country GMs to ensure country price review processes are well aligned prior to Global Pricing Committee
- Support local affiliates and V&A with pricing operations i.e. price certifications, price evolution analysis, brand/indication-specific pricing, landscape reports for referencing markets
- Support V&A with the LE process and the 10-year LRP
- Knowledgeable about payer systems & archetypes, preferably across regions or the globe, including expertise in local pricing setting mechanism and market dynamics
- Able to track and assess implications from major changes to pricing regulations and mechanisms worldwide (i.e. health reform, change in pricing rules).
- Develop price modeling (international referencing pricing impact on revenues to support strategic pricing considerations, retrospective case reviews, price/volume tradeoffs, country supply, and policy impacts to inform key business decisions. Support development of brand/indication P&R regulatory sequence/launch sequence, and pricing strategy optimization across product lifecycle.
- Build and employ advanced analytical tools and processes (i.e. TA/region dashboards, information sources, tracking mechanisms, KPIs, templates and analytic platforms etc.) to assist affiliates with monitoring G2N management and perform global analysis to inform global price strategy and decision making. Act as subject matter expert to provide price intel leveraging available multiple 3rd party secondary data resources i.e. PriceCentric, MIDAS, DRG, SSR, Analysource, and internal finance data to create pricing analogues analysis, competitive pricing reports/Tableau dashboards for key GCPS deliverables ISP, LE, LRP, and ad-hoc analysis for BD opportunities
TA Pricing Strategy
- Take on TA pricing responsibilities as needed
- Partner with V&A in conducting relevant pricing secondary and primary market research activities, and pre-launch pricing studies to evaluate pricing potential based on unmet need/value, stakeholder expectations, competitive pricing landscape and pricing benchmarks
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- MSc or MPhil (preferred) in Finance, Actuarial Sciences, Statistics, Health Economics, Econometrics, Mathematics or any other related quantitative field
- Understanding of access, health economics and commercialization process (preferred)
- 10 years' experience in healthcare or pharmaceutical industry with a BS/BA OR 8 years' experience in healthcare or pharmaceutical industry with a MS/MS OR 2 years' experience in healthcare or pharmaceutical industry with a PhD
- General understanding of value story needs, gaps and requirements to suit market / payer requirements in relevant markets (required)
- Ability to communicate financial impact of pricing initiatives on overall business objectives (required)
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in the following aspects (required):
- Designing or implementing pricing strategies at country level
- Financial planning, forecasting or demand planning
- Pricing, financial or statistical analytics,
- As applicable, developing, monitoring, and querying syndicated databases, MS SQL Server, Tableau dashboards, and Alteryx workflows
- Ability to synthetize, critically analyze, efficiently communicate large volume of information, identify risks and develop recommendations (required)
- Ability to understand the organization's strategy and apply to product pricing strategies (preferred)
- Analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills and strong Excel skills (required)
- Experience interacting with third party data tools (PriceCentric, MIDAS, DRG) and knowledge of top key markets health care systems and/or pricing regulations (US, EU5, Canada, Japan, China) is highly desirable
- Ability to consistently provide clear and concise written and verbal communication; excellent presentation skills, excellent English communication skills (both oral and written). Strategic and tactical decisions will be made based upon data the individual provides and/or presents in a management or informal setting
- Demonstrated appropriate level of leadership experience. Requires high levels of competence, confidence and credibility in engaging senior leaders, as well as cross-functional teams, and achieving high quality deliverables through strong collaboration
- Strategic data and analytical skills - including expert level Excel and data parsing, transformation, enrichment (Alteryx) and BI (e.g., Tableau Power BI) tools - to digest and interpret multiple complex data sources and draw insights to inform pricing strategy
- Design and develop self-service workflows and datasets in Alteryx to be used by BI reporting tools (e.g., Tableau Data Extract); work in partnership with IT team to ensure appropriate use of efficiency processes and technical documentation
The Gilead Difference
Everyone at Gilead is motivated by our overarching mission to discover and deliver innovative therapies that improve patient care in areas of unmet medical needs. But it's just what we do that gives us an edge, it's how we do it. We expect everyone at Gilead to lead by example, guided by our core values:
- Integrity - Doing What's Right
- Inclusion - Encouraging Diversity
- Teamwork - Working Together
- Accountability - Taking Personal Responsibility
- Excellence - Being Your Best
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Associate-Director--Global-Pricing---Analytics_R0021806-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency