Associate Director FP&A Finance - Head of Business Partnering for Global Commercial Finance
Associate Director FP&A Finance - Head of Business Partnering for Global Commercial Finance
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
['Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions. Being here matters. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives.
Lead Business Partner, Global Commercial Finance
The Associate Director FP&A Finance - Head of Business Partnering for Global Commercial Finance - will lead a growing team of professionals driving financial planning and analysis efforts for the global commercial product strategy and operations teams. The successful candidate will report to Exec Director and head of global commercial finance and will be the business partner to the teams of the Global Commercial Product Strategy and Global Commercial Operation functions. Besides finance support to the two global commercial functions, this individual will lead a team responsible for managing the short-term financial planning process, manage the budgets for each of the teams (~$250m) and help to build a new business partnering function within the global commercial area. This individual will be a key partner to the global therapeutic area leads (Oncology, Virology, Inflammation) in commercial and will work cross functionally with Operations and the R&D product finance teams to support commercial objectives including new launches. This leader will be key in helping senior leadership make the right decisions across the portfolio. You will be a business partner that provides strategic direction and is seen as the go to person for business financial analysis, insight, and counsel. This person will be responsible for demonstrating strong communication, influencing and strategic thinking skills that will drive value to the business.
Essential Duties & Job Functions
- Lead business partner to the Global Product Commercial Strategy and Global Commercial Operations teams responsible for driving a +25B global revenues
- Lead the 2-year annual operational forecasts process for the GCPS and GCO organizations including supporting the guidance to all regional teams while working with all GCPS/GCO stakeholders and providing recommendations and business driven scenario analyses
- Oversee the monthly and quarterly close process for global commercial function, management reporting, and budget vs. actual variance analysis. Report results to Commercial and Finance executives
- Prepare storyboard and develop presentations on commercial plans for c-suite audience including CCO, CFO and CEO
- Manage latest estimate (LE) process for market facing functions by collaborating with 60+ FP&A individuals across the BUs, regions and functions to drive alignment, efficiency and consistency in reporting
- Monitor and develop business cases to inform key business drivers for soon to be launching assets including demand, inventory, payer mix, pricing, and market share potential
- Ensure enterprise mindset when assessing new asset launches and present recommendations
- Proactively recommend process improvements to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of our reporting and analysis as well as our operational spending
- Ensure continued focus on Cost Center and Head Count management efficiencies
- Partner with global commercial operations team in global S&OP process
- Provide ad-hoc analyses and project support for the executive leadership teams
- Provide managerial leadership and guidance to direct reports. Build a highly capable team through the attraction, training and development of professionals to meet business needs.
- Support ad-hoc cross functional CFO projects
Knowledge, Experience, & Skills
- The preferred candidate will possess a minimum of 10+ years' experience with a BA/BS, 12+ with an MBA, having held positions of increasing scope and responsibility, including at least 5-7 years' experience as a senior finance leader and business partner.
- A minimum of 4-6 years of management experience is required, growing teams of a minimum of 4 people. Must demonstrate the ability to lead and establish and new team.
- A BS or BA is required, and an MBA or CPA is strongly preferred.
- Prior experience in biotech or pharma in a commercial finance leadership role is strongly preferred
- In-depth proficiency in aspects of accounting and finance and knowledge of US GAAP is required
- In depth knowledge of US Healthcare Systems, Business Intelligence, Planning and ERP systems (like Tableau) is required with proficiency in Microsoft tools
- Experience in high growth, multinational organization is a plus
The key competencies for this candidate are:
- Excellent interpersonal skills: an inquisitive mind, and the ability to work effectively with multiple functions
- Ability to quickly establish credibility with diverse audiences and be perceived as a leader
- Business Savvy and Financial Acumen: The candidate will possess technical knowledge on analytics, business foresight, and problem-solving skills.
- Results Orientation: The ideal candidate will be results-driven and must thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. They must have the ability to deliver results and possess a strong drive to meet and exceed goals and is willing to take ownership of problems and make sound decisions.
- Team Leadership: Demonstrates ability to align and motivate a team to achieve objectives including financial results, timely and accurate reporting, transparency, and controls. They will lead, attract, train & develop a team of highly capable skilled finance professionals to support the Commercial business.
- Change Leadership: The candidate will be an independent self-starter and a proactive leader with a drive to strive for continuous improvement and consistently challenging the status quo. Will be viewed by business partners and Finance colleagues as a thought leader with strong, influencing capabilities, who can also maintain open and transparent communication channels.
Gilead Core Values
- Integrity (Doing What's Right)
- Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity)
- Teamwork (Working Together)
- Excellence (Being Your Best)
- Accountability (Taking Personal Responsibility)
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Associate-Director-FP-A-Finance---Head-of-Business-Partnering-for-Global-Commercial-Finance_R0021797
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency