Associate Director, Crisis Management
Associate Director, Crisis Management
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
Position Posting Title: Associate Director, Crisis Management
Specific Responsibilities and Skills
This position is a newly created leadership role within the Corporate Operations team, reporting directly to the Head of Corporate Security. With a primary remit to create systematic programs, processes and business engagements models that serve to increase resilience within Gilead's operations, this position will serve as a thought-leader to drive consistent approaches in crisis response. Liaising heavily with Business Continuity, Security operations, facilities management and EH&S teams, this position will influence site and functional strategies that focus on risk management. A core component of this role will be evolving Gilead's crisis readiness, through creation and execution of targeted crisis management exercises that stress-test key components of Gilead's business operations. As a key business partner to various business units, this position is also responsible for development and implementation of training on current crisis response frameworks within Gilead. Given the evolving nature of this discipline, this position will be tasked with developing and updating strategic and operational roadmaps, ensuring that Gilead's crisis response programs are current and grounded in best risk/crisis management practices. Given the distributed nature of Gilead's operations network, this position will be responsible for finding ways to maintain alignment within different sites as well as operations, as it relates to crisis response efforts. Effective partnership and teamwork with business partners, proactive mindset, and strong written and verbal communication skills are key success factors for this position.
Essential Duties and Job Functions
- Execute crisis management and security strategic and operational roadmaps and program goals and objectives
- Develop and maintain Crisis Management Program documentation, including but not limited to policies, standards, governance model, program procedures, and tools and templates
- Coordinate and manage Corporate Crisis Management Plan testing and exercise process, procedures, and testing materials.
- In partnership with site / business functions perform annual Crisis Management Plan exercises, identify gaps, remedial actions, and tracking processes.
- Coordinate with site / business function to ensure that Crisis Management (CM) plans are developed and tested, and track gaps and remedial actions
- Track and monitor status of Local Crisis Management Plan reviews
- Define, monitor, and gather data to show achievement of key Crisis Management program performance indicators (KPI)
- Establish or collect documented evidence of compliance to ensure audit readiness
- Facilitate and manage external crisis management vendors and projects
- In the event of an incident, manage and support the coordination and communication of crisis management Incident Assessment Teams (IATs) and their processes
- Develop Crisis Management end-user training
- Coordinate with Business Continuity Program Manager on a variety of processes
- Coordinate with IT Cyber Security Manager annual cyber training exercise.
Experience and Education (Required)
- Bachelor of Science degree (or international equivalent) in Risk Management, Business Administration, Marketing, or equivalent
- B.S./B.A. + 10 or more years of experience
- M.B.A./Masters + 8 or more years of experience
- PhD + 2 or more years of experience
- 5+ years experience in developing crisis management and risk management planning, including business impact and emergency management d risk management
- 5+ years experience with leading, planning and maturing a crisis management function
- 5+ years experience with leading and planning annual plan exercises
- Strong organization, planning, and program/project management skills
- Self-motivated, proactive, independent and responsive
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, presentation, facilitation and diplomacy skills
- High level of personal integrity consistent with Gilead's core values
- Ability to travel (10-20%)
- High literacy of Office 365 suite of applications
Experience and Education (Preferred)
- Experience with facilitating and leading crisis management programs for various functions within a life sciences organization
- Pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry experience
- Experience with managing and leading incident response and communication plans
- Experience with applications built on the Salesforce platform
- Knowledge of CM technologies and processes for continuous improvement opportunities
- Industry certifications (e.g. CPP, etc.)
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO in the Law poster.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Associate-Director--Crisis-Management_R0021779-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency