United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. We strive to transform and simplify care for people with life-threatening illnesses around the world. Gilead's portfolio of products and pipeline of investigational drugs includes treatments for HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer, inflammatory and respiratory diseases, and cardiovascular conditions.
Gilead IT Innovation is looking for a results-oriented Innovation Manager to support and grow the innovation program. The Innovation Manager is responsible for managing all innovation projects, crowdsourcing of internal ideas, and managing engagements with vendor partners. The successful candidate has an innate curiosity to learn and tinker with new technologies, strong ability to manage multiple concurrent projects, and is comfortable presenting in front of an audience. Must be a self-starter, takes ownership of deliverables, and able to work outside of predefined processes with a flexible entrepreneurial mindset. Technical programming knowledge a plus! This role will be a hands-on resource reporting to the Senior Director, IT Innovation.
Specific job responsibilities:
Help advance the IT Innovation Program from all aspects.
- Manage innovation initiatives in various stages of the innovation process, stays on top of next steps and suggest best paths forward in an ambiguous environment.
- Work with vendors and service providers to run innovation prototypes.
- Administrate idea management platform, create and launch idea challenges.
- Host workshops for each phase of the innovation process. Prepare materials, acquire participants, conduct workshops, and get feedback.
- Create content for various innovation community roles and keep the materials updated.
- Continually improves materials and processes for IT Innovation.
- Organize ad hoc innovation activities as they arise.
Knowledge and skills:
- 6 years of relevant experience in innovation, IT, technology, or engineering.
- Good working knowledge within one or more IT areas or disciplines, typically working independently within the area of technical/functional expertise. Able to quickly come up to speed in other areas.
- Internal innovation / intrapreneurship process
- Design thinking
- Project Management
- Technical savvy and quickly picks up on various software tools
- Self-starter and proactive in
- Flexible and productive in an ambiguous environment.
- Effective communication skills to all levels via written or verbal delivery.
- Able to quickly determine the right people to engage and build strong relationships across the company.
- Great people person and interacts well with team members or speaking with business colleagues.
- Can influence others to help with initiatives even when they are not in the same reporting structure.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 toolset.
Nice to have:
- Software development
- Startup experience
- 4-6 years of relevant experience and BS in Computer Science or related fields or equivalent experience OR M.S. and 2-5 years of relevant experience.
- Adaptability/ Flexibility: Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
- Business Focus: Builds business partner confidence, is committed to increasing business unit satisfaction, sets achievable business expectations, assumes responsibility for solving problems, ensures commitments to business needs are met, solicits opinions and ideas from business partners, responds to internal business needs with appropriate sense of urgency.
- Decision Making/ Judgment: Recognizes problems and responds, systematically gathers information, sorts through complex issues, seeks input from others, addresses root cause of issues, makes timely decisions, can make difficult decisions, and communicates decisions to others.
- Organizational Savvy: Operates within the organization's formal and informal structures, builds allies and relationships across departments, uses allies to build consensus and create results, is appropriately diplomatic, and understands others' roles and perspectives.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Innovation-Manager_R0021712-2
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency