Senior Manager, Sample Operations
Senior Manager, Sample Operations
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The Sr. Manager, Sample Operations is responsible for overseeing the operations and management of sample programs across multiple therapeutic areas in accordance with PDMA regulations.
This individual will work in proximity with Gilead's Sample Management Partner, field and marketing teams as well as work cross-functionally with various internal and external stakeholders with a primary goal of supporting the compliant operations and management of sample programs. This role will also partner with Marketing and Analytics to define sample strategy, create sample program parameters and measure sampling performance.
The Sr. Manager, Sample Operations will be responsible for the direct management of sample programs in addition to having one direct report with sample management responsibilities. This position will report to the Sr. Director, Sales Operations.
- Manages the relationship and the sample storage procurement/termination process with Sample Storage Vendor
- Manage day-to-day sample operations in co-ordination with Sample Management Vendor
- Onboard New Hires in sampling franchises into Sample Program through training for PDMA, Veeva CRM and co-ordinate new hire activities with Sample Management Vendor
- Coordinate field team sample close-outs with Sample Management Vendor
- Work with field teams on sample variances found during reconciliation.
- Monitor and report sample utilization and sample inventory
- Lead monthly meetings to facilitate discussion of sample inventory requirements with Sales Analytics, Finance, Marketing and Supply Chain
- Partner with Sales Analytics and Veeva IT on quarterly rep-level sample recommendations
- Partner with Sales Analytics, Regional Directors and Sample Management Vendor to manage the Direct-to-Practitioner Program for vacant/LOA territories.
- Monitor and report on PDMA compliance deviations
- Co-author SOPs, Business Rules and other sample compliance documentation.
- Represent Sample Operations on the Sample Compliance Committee
- Ability to effectively manage vendor partners
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to lead without authority, interact with, focus, resolve conflict and drive consensus among individuals from a variety of disciplines and in matrix organization
- Ability to work with and coordinate requests from multiple internal customers.
- Excellent communications skills with an ability to efficiently and productively communicate both verbally and in writing are required
- Proven project management skills, performance management, planning, prioritization, objective setting, meeting management and plan execution.
- Ability to analyze critically and objectively to define and solve problems and to identify opportunities
- Clear history of exercising sound business judgment and clear decision-making.
- Strong working knowledge of relevant software systems (e.g., MS Excel, Access, MS Word & PowerPoint, etc.) is required
Specific Education and Experience Requirements:
- 8+ years of experience and a Bachelor's degree in business administration, economics, finance or related fields
- Knowledge of FDA's PDMA Regulations (experience preferred)
- Experience working with vendor management
- Knowledge of Veeva Software (experience preferred)
- Relevant experience in pharmaceutical or device sales/marketing, sales operations, or performance management preferably in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry
- Must be fluent in conversational and written English
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Senior-Manager--Sample-Operations_R0021774-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency