National Market Access Manager
National Market Access Manager
United Kingdom - London
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
National Market Access Manager - HIV
Holborn (currently remote)
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
We have a new opportunity for a Market Access Manager to join the UK affiliate working at a national level in HIV. As part of the virology market access team the role will have broad ranging responsibilities, however the primary focus will be on shaping the HIV environment via access linked initiatives to create best value and outcomes for patients, the NHS, and Gilead.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Develops and manages the operational delivery of HIV market access programmes and strategies.
- A key member of the brand team, providing strategic input for the development and support of the brand value story and developing the appropriate tools for the delivery of the brand value messages to payers, clinicians and pharmacists and other stakeholders.
- A key player in the Market Access team, engages NHS Payers and NHS customers with an interest in Commissioning - with win-win solutions which result in outcomes benefiting the NHS, the patients and Gilead.
- Leads on delivery of successful HTA or novel commissioning outcomes (including project management of all submissions) for new medicines in all UK&I markets in collaboration with external and internal partners.
- Establishes working relationships with all relevant functions across Gilead franchises, and develops account plans with Gilead teams to ensure commercial gain for Gilead.
- Contributes to the development of commercial / tender offers and any subsequent value dossiers.
- Ensures all activities are compliant with Business Conduct Manual for the commercial UK & Ireland affiliate but also external guidance and policies which are pertinent to somebody working in this role.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Successful candidates will be degree educated (or international equivalent) with relevant experience in environment shaping and driving portfolio access strategies in an established disease area.
- Detailed knowledge of National and Local Commissioning and funding process for England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland. Ideally medicines in the specialist areas gained from a role in the Pharmaceutical industry.
- Ideally detailed knowledge of the HIV / virology market.
- Ability to advise senior management and have excellent communications skills (oral and written) to be able to present recommendations at Board level.
- Background of strong networking and influencing skills with key personnel involved in policy and prescribing decision-making, and proven delivery of outcomes in commissioning environment.
- Understanding the impact and influence of NHS structures across Primary/Secondary/Tertiary care.
- Applying the understanding of NHS funding flows and challenges in order to get the best outcomes for prescription growth and prescribing guidance.
- Ability to work through uncertainty, ambiguity and with limited information to take calculated risks to achieve the best outcome for Gilead medicines.
- Ability to disseminate the right information to the right customer with excellent communication skills.
- Proven delivery of robust outcomes e.g. Shared Care Protocols, Formulary approvals, Re-design of Treatment Pathways.
- The ideal candidate will align with Gilead's core values by being accountable for their work, displaying integrity in everything they do, thriving in a team environment, ensuring inclusiveness and seeing excellence as the only measure of success.
Gilead Core Values
INTEGRITY - Doing What's Right
INCLUSION - Encouraging Diversity
TEAMWORK - Working Together
EXCELLENCE - Being Your Best
ACCOUNTABILITY - Taking Personal Responsibility
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-Kingdom---London/National-Market-Access-Manager_R0021688-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency