Faculty Position in Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hospital, Sun Yat-sen University
Faculty Positions in Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hospital, Sun Yat-sen University
Ⅰ. About Us
Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hospital, Sun Yat-sen University (SYSMH, SYSU) is named after the founding father of modern China, Sun Yat-sen, who once studied medical science here. Also known as the Second Affiliated Hospital of SYSU, the 186-year institution has developed into a top ranking general hospital in China, integrating medical treatment, disease prevention, healthcare, teaching, with high quality medical science and translational research. Rapid expansion has led to several campuses in the city and the Pearl River Delta region.
Integral to SYSU’s clinical medicine programme, which is ranked among the global top 1% in Essential Science Indicators (ESI) subject area ranking, the hospital plays a key role in the programme’s selection for the national “double first-class” initiative. With 7 national key disciplines and 32 key clinical specialties, the hospital now focuses on the following “7+1” academic clusters, including malignant tumours, cardiovascular systems, head and neck disease, gynaecology and paediatrics, geriatrics and rehabilitation, immunology and metabolism, emerging infectious disease, comprehensive and medical technology platform.
Oriented by disease diagnosis and guided by discipline construction, SYSMH has built mature platforms for public scientific research, including fundamental and translational medical research centers, clinical research centers, and engineering technology research centers. It has also been awarded a large number of national and provincial key laboratories, clinical medicine research centers, engineering technology research centers, etc. Today, SYSMH is a collection of top-level research facilities, including the Medical Research Centers in headquarter hospital and Guangzhou International Biological Island, the Biobank, the Phase I Clinical Research Center, the Nanhai Center of Innovation for Clinical Immunity (under construction), Teaching and Research Building of Renji Road (under construction) ect.. All of which is fully equipped with dozens of millions RMB value of cutting-edge research instruments. SYSMH provides new PIs a quick-start environment to help their career transition and development.
SYSMH builds upon a large pool of talents and a strong foundation in research. In 2019, Professor Song Erwei, the President of SYSMH, was elected as the academician of Chinese Academy of Sciences. Under the leadership of the hospital’s outstanding team, SYSMH adheres to the notion of “talent is the prime asset”, and provides a direct pathway to attract talented researchers by offering a “pyramidal” system for talent cultivation. It is worth mentioning that the hospital carries out the Sun Yat-sen Postdoctoral Program with academicians and national talents as supervisors. Via vigorous recruitment and devoted nurturing, as of now, SYSMH has nearly 50 prize winners of national talent projects. Also, there are more than 150 award recipients of talent awards at provincial and municipal level.
With an annual funding of over 220 million RMB allocated exclusively for scientific research, SYSMH has an impressive capability in undertaking research projects at various levels. The number of grants approved by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC) has been ranked among the top 20 hospitals in China for four consecutive years. Current approved landmark projects include “Project 973”, “Project 863”, National Key Development Project, National Natural Innovation Research Groups, National Natural Major Project, etc.. Research achievements have been published in internationally acclaimed academic journals such as Cell, Nature Immunology, Hepatology, etc.. The hospital ranked among the top 10 medical institutions in China in the Nature Index for four consecutive years from 2017 to 2020, among which the hospital achieved outstanding performance in 2018 and 2020, ranking fourth in China and entering the top 100 in the world. The scientific findings of the hospital were listed among the “Top Ten Global Scientific Advancement Award 2013” and were named the “Top Ten Scientific Advancements in China” in both 2008 and 2018.
Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hospital is seeking talented researchers from around the world in enhancing research capacities of the hospital, while advancing medical research and improving health for all.
Ⅱ. Research Areas
Areas of recruitment include medicine, life sciences and related traditional or interdisciplinary subjects.
Key areas: 1. Tumor biology (focusing on tumor microenvironment); 2. Immunometabolism and inflammation (Immunity of metabolic diseases, infection and vasculitis-related diseases); 3.Neuroscience and neuromorphology (contain brain-computer interface); 4. Big data in medicine, bioinformatics and artificial intelligence; 5. Inovative Pharmacrutical (small molecules, antibodies and RNA, etc.) and drug delivery research and development; 6. Stem cell and somatic cell gene therapy; 7. Related fields in integrative medical engineering (medical equipment R&D, biomedical materials, 3D printing).
Basic Requirement: adhere to the correct political direction; support the leadership of the Communist Party of China; abide by laws and observe the rules and regulations; dedicated and responsible; have advanced professional level and outstanding academic background; possess a rigorous attitude of scholarship; comply with academic norms; possess professional ethnics and team spirit.
1. “Hundred Talent Project” of SYSU
(1) Leading Talents: For those who have achieved landmark innovations and significant impact in their respective fields, and who are engaged in research works of major innovation, important developmental prospects and key general-purpose technology, and should be highly influential or enjoy a high reputation in the field of clinical medicine at home and abroad.
(2) Distinguished Young Scholars: For those who show outstanding potential in scientific research and technological innovation, with a research direction of positive prospect, and have obtained recognition at home or abroad for his or her professional achievements.
(3) Young Academic Talents: For those who have achieved high-level professional achievements, and who possess strong innovations and outstanding potential in research.
2. Full-time researcher
(1) Distinguished researcher / distinguished associate researcher / research assistant: For those who are exceptional postdoctoral or doctoral researchers from well-known universities or research institutions at home or abroad, and who have obtained research achievements and demonstrate promising academic potential, or individuals with work experience in reputable universities or institutions.
(2) Postdoctoral researcher: For those who obtained a PhD for no more than three years, and who are exceptional researchers at home or abroad with high academic level and strong scientific research capabilities.
Ⅳ.Salary and Benefits:
1. Competitive salary and fringed benefits.
Including Yat-sen Scholar allowances, settlement allowances, research start-up funds, recruitment quota of graduate students and allocation of research assistants, etc., At a high-starting point, the talented researchers can quickly enter the role and carry out their work.
2. Effective talent cultivation and development mechanism.
The hospital has Talent Cultivation Projects such as “Sun Yat-sen Clinical Scientist Program”, “Sun Yat-sen Distinguished Doctor Program”, “Outstanding Young Scholars and Excellent Young Scholars Cultivation Program”, “Sun Yat-sen Excellent Medical Talents Training Program”, “Sun Yat-sen Postdoctoral Double-Talents Program”, and “Sun Yat-sen Postdoctoral Post-funded Program” etc. They provide strong support for the growth and development of talented researchers after they come to the hospital.
3. “One-stop” high-quality service.
(1)Provide a comprehensive and detailed arrival guide for talents, with a dedicated person to accompany throughout the process of registration;
(2)Provide a clean and comfortable turnover room, plus high-quality medical benefit;
(3)Assistance in application of high-level talent program and talent green card via municipal departments;
(4)Support for the residence registration of the talents and their family;
(5)Help for the enrollment of children in preferred local schools and offer assissstance in seeking employment opportunities for spouses. It is delicated to continuously optimizing work and life conditions for the talents;
Ⅴ. Applicaiton Procedure:
Please send applications to email@example.com with the following materials:
1. Chinese and English CVs showing background, education and work experience, scientific funding and publications (indicating the latest impact factors) records in the past five years, and awards received;
2. A brief future research plan af ter joining SYSMH;
3. Any supplementary materials, including copies of academic certificates, proof of employment, proof of funding, and full text of representative papers, etc..
Contact Person: Ms. Zebing CHEN, Mr. Jishan HUANG, Ms. Fei SONG.
Address: 107 Yanjiang West Road, Yuexiu District, Guangzhou, Guangdong, China 510120
Apply for Faculty Position in Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hospital, Sun Yat-sen University
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly