The mission of The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center is to eliminate cancer in Texas, the nation, and the world through outstanding programs that integrate patient care, research and prevention, and through education for undergraduate and graduate students, trainees, professionals, employees and the public.
Provides technical assistance in carrying out various research projects.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
Coordinate with PIs in Imaging Physics and Thoracic Head & Neck Medical Oncology to streamline data flow
Data collection and tracking
- Review radiological system PACS and medical records EPIC to select the proper imaging data
- Demonstrate ability to extract pertinent information and transfer this information accurately, completely and timely into appropriate data collection pipeline.
- Develop and maintain database for tracking radiological data with high level of accuracy.
- Assist in the establishment and maintenance of research data archival process.
Data curation and review
- Work with XNAT team to transfer DICOM data to cloud based system for downstream preprocessing
- Work with radiologist team to transfer the imaging data for detailed annotation, and collect and organize their annotations
- Serve as an information source regarding status of data collection on given protocols for PI and sponsors. Meet regularly with the Project Manager and department PIs to discuss current status of projects and to maintain a consistent dialog and united focus.
Innovative Thinking - Approach problems with curiosity and open-mindedness; offer new ideas, solutions and/or options.
Technical/Functional Expertise - Demonstrate technical proficiency required to do the job; possess up-to-date knowledge in the profession; provide technical expertise to others.
Required:Bachelor's degree with major course works in one of the basic sciences.
Required: Two years experience in scientific or experimental research work. No experience required with preferred degree.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html