Research Scientist - Immuno-Oncology
Research Scientist - Immuno-Oncology
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Research Scientist- Immuno-Oncology
The Oncology department at Gilead Sciences (Foster City, CA) is seeking a talented and highly motivated Senior Research Scientist to join our immuno-oncology group. Our highly collaborative and interdisciplinary research team utilizes state-of-the-art technologies and innovative methodologies to advance medicines into the clinic. The successful candidate will contribute to the discovery and development of novel immunotherapeutic agents to address the unmet medical needs of cancer patients. The position has ample opportunities for career growth through acquisition of new skills, experiences, and professional relationships in a fast-paced and resource-rich environment.
- Drive discovery and translational research aimed at identifying and advancing novel immuno-oncology therapeutics
- Plan, execute, analyze, and interpret in vitro and in vivo experiments that support the initiation and/or advancement of drug candidates
- May manage Research Associates or direct members of project teams in the initiation and execution of laboratory experimentation
- Proactively evaluate new technologies and develop new assays to accelerate early-stage discovery activities and/or enhance our understanding of disease mechanisms
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and work cross-functionally with colleagues in the oncology, protein engineering, chemistry, translational medicine, biomarker and clinical groups
- Presents research findings and recommendations to senior staff and contribute to preparation of research reports, manuscripts, INDs, and patent filings
- Think critically and creatively, work independently, and have strong organizational and planning skills
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- PhD degree and 0 - 2 years of experience in immunology, cancer biology, cell biology, and/or molecular biology in industry or academia or Bachelor/Master's degree with extensive experience
- Broad technical skillset in molecular and cell biology: human and/or mouse primary cell culture, multi-parameter flow cytometry, immunological assays, single cell transcriptomics, cell line development, in vivo animal study design/execution
- Background in immunology research, myeloid cell biology, and/or cancer immunology a plus
- Attention to detail with strong organizational and record keeping skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans\' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Research-Scientist---Immuno-Oncology_R0021504
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency