Sr Manager, Medical Affairs (Viral Hepatitis)
Sr Manager, Medical Affairs (Viral Hepatitis)
China - Hong Kong
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Specific Responsibilities and skills for Position *
- The Sr Manager is a Medical Affairs position whose mission is to foster collaborative relationships with scientific leaders and to facilitate the exchange of unbiased scientific information between the medical community and the company.
- This position will focus on viral hepatitis. Serves as subject matter expert and local lead on selected area.
- Develop and implement of medical strategies at local and provide support to the region on a need basis.
- Lead local and occasionally regional advisory board meetings, scientific education programs and patient centricity and screening linkage to care initiatives primarily in Hong Kong and Singapore.
- Provide scientific support at local and international congresses.
- Establish and maintain on-ongoing professional relationship with opinion leaders and societies in gastro-hepatology and antiviral areas.
- Utilizes scientific resources for impactful presentations in a variety of different settings.
- Responds to clinical inquiries regarding marketed or developmental Gilead products.
- Works collaboratively with Medical Affairs counterparts across Asia and locally across multiple functional areas, including Commercial, Marketing, Clinical Research, Pharmacovigilance and Epidemiology, Public Affairs, Government Affairs, Regulatory, and Legal to align indication strategic plan.
- Continually monitor the disease state environment to sustain expertise in disease state management and new therapies, competitive products and features.
- Support identification of data gaps. Bridge communication between opinion leaders and global team in data generation including the development of phase 4 studies and publication plans.
- Travels to internal trainings, HCP appointments, meetings and scientific conferences on a regular basis, occasionally with short notice.
Essential Duties and Job Functions *
- Working with Medical Director and TA medical counterparts in the region/global on early development of a variety of projects, he/ she provides independent thought and drive in the further development of specific projects and ensuing presentations and reports.
- Attends major conferences and helps coordinate medical affairs activities at conferences
- Present to HCPs on a regular basis
- Review both promotional and non-promotional materials at Promotional Review Committees.
- Must be fully cognizant of all relevant scientific data.
- Must be cognizant of regulatory requirements for field-based personnel.
- Must be committed to continuing education to maintain knowledge base.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills *
- Advanced degree, preferably a MD, Pharmacy or Ph.D (anti-infective or hepatology background is preferred but not a must). Candidate with strong track record and extensive experience may be considered for Associate Director.
- 5 years of pharma industry or clinical experience is expected.
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills, demonstrated ability to identify and understand complex issues and problems and identify and query key findings from study data and publications
- Able to think outside the box, work with a level of autonomy and independence
- Must have demonstrated organizational skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Regional/ International travelling include occasional weekend travel is required when restrictions relax.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/China---Hong-Kong/Sr-Manager--Medical-Affairs--Viral-Hepatitis-_R0021646-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency