NIH-funded postdoctoral fellows or Research Associates
Job code 13474 & 13473
NIH-funded postdoctoral fellows or research associates are available in the laboratory of Dr. Ming You at the Houston Methodist Cancer Center that is focused on development and characterization of novel mitochondria-targeting compounds for cancer prevention. Specifically, we are interested in individuals with expertise in targeting small molecules to mitochondria by attaching these compounds to a lipophilic cation such triphenylphosphonium, or in the characterization of these mitochondria-targeting agents for their antitumor efficacy using both in vitro and in vivo systems. Methods will be used including organic synthesis, cell proliferation measurements with IncuCyte Live-Cell Analysis system, mitochondrial oxygen consumption measurements with the Seahorse XF-96 Extracellular Flux Analyzer, and methods to determine metabolic changes in the tumor microenvironment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops research methods and performs research activities. (EF)
- Documents research results and writes reports of results for presentation and/or publication in professional journals and other publications. (EF)
- Assists in maintaining the functionality and operations of the Principal Investigator's laboratory. (EF)
- Demonstrates the components of the I CARE values. (EF)
- Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace. (EF)
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Principal Investigator.
Apply for NIH-funded postdoctoral fellows or Research Associates
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly