Job Code 7617 & 13475
NIH-funded postdoctoral fellows or research associates are available in the laboratory of Dr. Ming You at the Houston Methodist Cancer Center that is focused on cancer immunology with a specific emphasis on cancer immunoprevention using vaccines (peptides, protein, DNA or mRNA) in both mouse models and in humans. Specific areas of interest include develop and produce novel cancer vaccines and characterize the vaccines for safety, immune response and efficacy preclinically using genetically modified mouse models, flow cytometry, q-PCR, RNA-seq, western blot, single cell RNA seq, and other immunological techniques.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops research methods and performs research activities. (EF)
- Documents research results and writes reports of results for presentation and/or publication in professional journals and other publications. (EF)
- Assists in maintaining the functionality and operations of the Principal Investigator's laboratory. (EF)
- Demonstrates the components of the I CARE values. (EF)
- Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace. (EF)
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Principal Investigator.