Post-doctoral Research Fellowship
FDA Research Fellowship
Virus Immunobiology and Vaccines against Emerging viruses
- Post-Doctoral & Post-Baccalaureate Research fellowship positions are available immediately at Lab of Retrovirus Research, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research (CBER), Food and Drug Administrationa (FDA) at the White Oak Campus, Silver Spring, Maryland.
- The ongoing research performed involves study of SARS-CoV-2, Ebola, Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) and Pandemic Influenza viruses. We are presently addressing humoral immune responses following infection and vaccination in humans. This information is then used for development and evaluation of vaccines against these viral diseases.
- Emphasis is on understanding the virus immunobiology, role of adjuvants and different vaccine modalities in eliciting broadly cross-reactive protective antibodies. The advanced techniques developed in the lab includes whole genome gene-fragment phage display libraries (GFPDL), high throughput Surface plasmon resonance (SPR), protein production, vaccine development and animal challenge studies.
- This is a training fellowship for two years with possible extension up to 5 years.
- Highly motivated candidates should be a recent Bachelor’s or Masters for post-bacc. position or M.D./PhD (within 3 years of their last degree) for post-doc fellowship. Candidates with research experience in either SPR, phage display, virology, recombinant protein/antibody production, Influenza, RSV or related viruses are encouraged to apply.
This position is only open for US citizens, permanent residents (Green Card holders) or foreign citizens residing in US for at least 3 years in past 5 years on a valid US visa.
Candidates will be offered a competitive salary depending on their experience.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send curriculum vitae, bibliography, together with list of three of reference by email to:
Surender Khurana, Ph.D.