Research Associate I: Gene Therapy R&D
The Research Associate I provides laboratory support of day-to-day GCP/GLP analysis related to gene therapy drug development. The RAI assists in implementing and developing new laboratory techniques to support preclinical decision making. This role requires laboratory expertise/training in small animal handling and an understanding of various molecular biology assays. Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Assist in the execution of GCP/GLP gene therapy drug development using a variety of animal outcome measures as well as molecular assay formats such as Western blot, qPCR, PCR, and RT-PCR.
- Prepare and maintain reagents and inventory.
- General laboratory maintenance.
- Ensure compliance with GCP/GLP guidelines.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Skills Requirements:
- B.S. degree in Biology or related field with 1-3 years of relevant experience in a laboratory setting with animal handling and molecular analysis. Experience with or understanding of gene therapy, protein quantitation, and Western blot.
- Ability to execute sample handling and analysis with strict adherence to laboratory methods and SOPs; animal handling/outcome measures, tissue collection experience preferred.
- Desire to work in a high-functioning, collaborative team.
- Experience with computer productivity software (i.e. Word, Excel, etc.).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Desire to work in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment and to make a difference in the lives of people through our innovative medicines.
- Proven ability to successfully manage projects and timelines, organize/track complex information, prioritize accordingly, and the ability to quickly adjust to shifting priorities and demanding timelines when necessary.
- Solid sense of accountability and sound judgement; highest ethical standards and focus on quality and attention to detail.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Sarepta Therapeutics offers a competitive compensation and benefit package.
Sarepta Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and participates in e-Verify.