Patent Assistant, Filing & Formalities
Patent Assistant, Filing & Formalities
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
This is an entry level position providing on the job training within the Intellectual Property prosecution team at Gilead Sciences, reporting to the Filing & Formalities Team Leader. The prosecution team consist of 19 Attorneys, and 10 Paralegals. This team is made up of high caliber, reputable and extremely hard-working IP professionals and they are integral to the company's ability to continue providing therapies to medical areas of unmet needs worldwide.
- Preparing Declarations, and Assignments for Filing and Formalities Team
- Assisting the filing and formalities paralegal team in preparing Information Disclosure Statements (IDS)
- Obtaining signatures for Powers of Attorney, Declarations, and Assignments
- Assisting the filing and formalities paralegal team in preparing and recording Assignments in patent cases
- Obtaining Authentication documents (such as certified copies) as necessary for filing
- Assisting the filing and formalities paralegal team with formatting patent applications
- Arranging necessary translations
- Supporting filing and formalities paralegal team in preparing Patent Family Trees
- Filing electronic documents in the IManage legal document management system
- Willing to take on extra assignments as needed
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Requires a minimum of a high school diploma plus relevant administrative experience
- Prior experience in patents or IP is preferred but not required
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Notary certification or willingness and ability to obtain Notary commission
- High proficiency in computer skills including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe and Visio
- Experience with Imanage and CPA Memotech is preferred.
- Organizational skills, effective time-management and attention to detail are required
- Candidates must possess the ability to work well with others in a team setting
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Patent-Assistant--Filing---Formalities_R0021639
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency